Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since taking delivery of our (me Tim, wife Heather) Yeti,140 Elegance, no extra's other than towbar and mudflaps, in early October we have clocked up over 6,000 miles. Up to the Lake District to collect 4 enormous Land Rover Discovery wheels for our son, which despite doubts in some quarters, did fit, and with our luggage.

This was followed by a weeks trip to Devon and Cornwall towing our caravan. This included a little light play in mud and water.

Following that, a trip to visit Heathers Aunt on the Costa Del Sol via the Pyrenese down and Andorra up. Included in that trip, a play in snow in the Sierra Nevada mountains, as well as in the upper reaches of Andorra.

All these trips have involved tramping through a LOT of rain, and some nicer weather.

So far Yeti (no name yet) has proved at least as good as hoped for, and hopes were high!

When downloading photo's is easier I may post some.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Good to hear that the yeti is living up to your expectations and you are enjoying the yeti , had a yeti for 2 years now on my second one now with a few more extras and still love driving it.
I have had a few makes and models in my xx years of driving and have got to say the yeti stands out as by far the best car I have owned, in build quality road holding and value for money keep it up Skoda

·
Administrator
13,660 Posts
Miine's on the way! The Yeti I ordered on 12/09/11 (140 TDI Aqua Blue 4x4 Elegance) and was forecast for mid Feb was made last week, and is currently trying to hitch a lift at Emden. This will be my first non Japanese car, my current Mazda is eleven years old, has covered 152K miles with 100% reliability, and is still going strong complete with the original clutch and exhaust. To be honest if Mazda made a Yeti equivalent I would have bought Japanese again. Fingers crossed the Skoda is as good, I am a bit nervous about the electronics.

·
Registered
77 Posts
The Hood - I take it you could not wait until the CX-5 came out as that is what you described you are looking for. I would not worry about Yeti or even Skoda reliability as it consistently scores very highly in various magazine surveys. That is one of the reasons the Skoda revival has been so strong.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I came from a Nissan X-Trail to my present Yeti. The XT did 95k milesbefore I decided to change. One of my reasons for changing was that the XT developed a fault - a serious loss of power - that was put down to a failed mass flow sensor. The problem was that the onboard computer showed no fault and the garage offered to change the MFS for £420 with no guarantee that it would solve the problem. This was in 2009 when the Yeti came out and I found we had a local Skoda dealer.

So to the Yeti 140TDi SE 4x4 registered in December 2009. One minimal fault with the window lift and, now, a recall over dampers to be fitted to the hydraulic pipework, otherwise a clean sheet to date.

From what I have read in a couple of Forums, the electronics of the VW/Skoda are well understood. The guts are basically VW and again well understood.

Provided the PDI is done well, I expect you will get many miles of trouble free motoring.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts