Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Looking to buy a Yeti Outdoor 4x4 2.0tdi 2017. While checking the underside for off-road abuse I noticed the silencer half way down the length of exhaust appeared to be the lowest point on the car, below the outdoors underbody protection. Is this normal or am I looking at an exhaust that’s too low and might indicate something else?

Also the amundesen radio wasn’t very reactive when trying to change stations via the touch screen and wasn’t displaying logos of radio stations. Strange for a second hand car just out of warranty would have thought all that would have been sorted. Would this be caused by sitting with a flat battery for a while?

Thanks for taking the time to read.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Yes the rear silencer is probably the lowest part on the back end.
20200829_160432.jpg

The Amundsen is not instant like the newest systems but it should be pretty responsive.

You can download and assign radio station logos from Skoda's update portal.

·
Premium Member
5,681 Posts
Was the Amundsen on DAB stations when you were trying it, mine displays station, artist and track info when receiving DAB signal and is pretty responsive.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for going to the trouble of taking a picture, much appreciated. The low part of the exhaust was actually mid way down the length of the car, between the front and back seats.

It was FM rather than DAB, DAB was ok, but will try the download route. Think I’m used to the similar looking but more recent version on my Octavia which is more responsive.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just had a look at my octavia and it’s basically flat underneath, the exhaust doesn’t hang low, but there isn’t a similar silencer or muffler in its mid section, just a straight pipe The length of the car to the back box.

·
Registered
122 Posts
How about this for a shot.

Underneath the Yeti and underneath our Octavia TSi in the back ground.

20200913_091942.jpg

On the 2.0tdi 150 EU6 SCR, the SCR and DPF take up all the room in the engine bay so the silencers and Cats have to be under the car.

Reactions: SnowGood

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Looking to buy a Yeti Outdoor 4x4 2.0tdi 2017. While checking the underside for off-road abuse I noticed the silencer half way down the length of exhaust appeared to be the lowest point on the car, below the outdoors underbody protection. Is this normal or am I looking at an exhaust that’s too low and might indicate something else?
Just had a look at mine and about 60% of the height of the centre silencer hangs below the level of the plastic underbody shield and is definitely the lowest point of the exhaust system. Yours sounds normal.

·
Premium Member
5,077 Posts
I rattled that silencer numerous times but never had a problem with it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts