Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know it has been dry when...
The dessicated lawn around your house "crunches" and "crackles" under your feet as you walk across it.

You know it has been wet when...
Your "better half" puts out a 1 litre pyrex measuring jug to catch a bit of rainwater and overnight it fills to the top.

Australian weather; it's quite simple really...
Drought, followed by flood, followed by drought, followed by flood, followed by drought, followed by flood.....

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
About 200mm in 4 days
. We've had enough for now. I'll send some down your way if you like

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hi to our Aussie members!
Your reports about weather down-under brings to mind the weather we got occasionally when I lived in Kenya. We used to get tropical storms from time to time that produced hail stones the size of golf balls! Within minutes, we would have a coating of white to a depth of maybe 7-10 cm! Due to air and ground temps, all you would have left in the hour would be pools of steaming water.

We used to get some damage, cracked windscreeens, dents to bodywork etc but thankfully not often as these hailstone deluges were very rare.

We ran a Mazda 323 but I wouldn`t have liked to have had a Yeti then, fearful of any damage that it might suffer. Do you get any similar sort of weather comditions where you are? I hope not for your sake lads!

Edited by: bwanamdevu

·
Registered
368 Posts
Hi Guys - hope the weather down there sorts itself out before the cricket starts.Looking forward to a great series - hope it's more of a competition this time . . . . .

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bwanamdevu said:
Hi to our Aussie members!
Your reports about weather down-under brings to mind the weather we got occasionally when I lived in Kenya. We used to get tropical storms from time to time that produced hail stones the size of golf balls! Within minutes, we would have a coating of white to a depth of maybe 7-10 cm! Due to air and ground temps, all you would have left in the hour would be pools of steaming water.

We used to get some damage, cracked windscreeens, dents to bodywork etc but thankfully not often as these hailstone deluges were very rare.

We ran a Mazda 323 but I wouldn`t have liked to have had a Yeti then, fearful of any damage that it might suffer. Do you get any similar sort of weather comditions where you are? I hope not for your sake lads!
It's funny you should say that. This happened yesterday up on the Sunshine Coast in Queensland.

The damage was quite widespread. Photos are from the ABC News site.

Edited by: plbxr

·
Registered
94 Posts
Suzz, may I apologise automatically assuming you were male when I refered to "lads" in my previous post.
I am afraid that I was being very stereotypical.
My apologies again.

·
Premium Member
1,325 Posts
Apology accepted bwana. Weather in Wagga ranges from about -4C to about 44C. We have always had quite a dry heat, however global warming seems to have turned the weather on its head. 3 days ago we had jumpers on - today we will put the air conditioning on! We are too far inland to get many of the storms like the one at Sunshine Coast in the pictures above.
Oh and as a greyhound trainer, I am often referred to as one of the 'blokes' lol. And please none of you worry about the cricket, we are ready to take those Ashes back!

·
Registered
260 Posts
We had hail on Saturday, it sounded like a train coming but it was the sound of the hail hitting roofs. By hook or by crook no big hail hit us (certainly not as big as the stuff that landed in QLD),but some people a few streets away weren't so lucky, and the damage further north in QLD is well known. We were in the Yeti and it survived without any damage as I threw a big picnic blanket over it really quick.
It just goes to show how much we are at the mercy of nature, eh!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts