Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
My 1.2 tsi se, will arrive March 2012, does anybody know about paint protection products? is it nessecerary? or will a regular polish suffice? I previously had a mercedes and was talked into having paintwork 'stargaurded' don't know if it was worthwhile.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Hi I just used a paint sealer on my old black1.2, then polished it with the colored polish looked good after Miles when i sold it.

I have had my 110 4x4 auto glim life shined for £300 but save your £ and apply a paint sealer yourself the end result is the same . will try and put a picture on here or a link http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/6300182410/
Edited by: wakev

·
Registered
77 Posts
Something worth thinking about. Speak to a car detailer and ask them for a quote for waxing and protecting your car. They are far more professional and careful at doing this than a dealer, it is purely what they do, and will have a vastly wider range of products that they can offer.

One up in the north east now gets recommendation straight from the Audi dealer rather than the Audi dealer doing it in-house. They saw his work and realised it made their cars look so much better that it was better PR to do that then send out weakly protected paint jobs.

As detailers also tend to be enthusiasts they are quite happy to talk options for you rather than just screw you on price.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the replies, just one thing, blackadder, what's a car detailer?..... I don't we have them down south ! does sound a good idea tho, how long would the protection last?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Mine came with Auto glym protection and my last car VW Touran had protection. It does make it easier to clean but won't stop it getting dirty or tar marks or stone chips some of the makers will make you think that a spray of a hose will magically clean the car, not true. I always hand wash never put it through a car wash. Then good soap and water and wax .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts