Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Yeti keepers,
Has anyone got a good tip for getting rid of fine paint scratches, caused by driving a bit too close to countryside hedgerows!Any good recommended products or other solutions considered; I want my Yeti to look as good as the day it left the showroomAlso, has anyone tried pressure washing the engine bay, and if so, are there any areas that would best be protected?

Thanks in advance, Stewbidoo

·
Registered
786 Posts
Hi Stewbidoo,

I tend to use Meguires products and always find them good to use. They do a three step process that cleans the paint, polishes and waxes. The Step 1 - Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner usually gets rid of most light scratches but you may need to use ScratchX 2.0 or SwirlX. These products are available from Halfords at the moment with 20% off.

I know that Codhead (a fellow Urban owner) is into detailing so he might have a suggestion too...

Good luck,

Stephen

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hi Stewbidoo,

First thing you need to do is brush your finger over the scratch, if your finger nail catches then you can only minimise it and never truly polish it out. Meguiars ScratchX 2.0 is ok but I would use Farcela G3 pro Scratch Remover as it does a much better job. As Steve said, you can get both from Halfrauds. Another good polish for hand polishing and scratch removal is Gtechniq P1 nano polish, it's water based and can achieve some stunning finishes for a hand polish.

Not pressure washed my engine bay before but have seen posts on Detailingworld.com about it. Most people use a diluted All Purpose Cleaner and degreaser to give it a wipe down.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi and thanks to both discosteve and CodHead for their information. I will pay said store a visit and look at the different products suggested before purchasing, and also see if I can find a degreasent or cleaner for the engine bay.I want to keep the Yeti looking good as I have a feeling it will be staying with me for a long time, unless I change for another one! I fancy the 170 TDi 4x4 Elegance next time;this one is the 140 version, still excellent but I like the idea of a bit more power.

Cheers, Stewbidoo

1 - 4 of 4 Posts