Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Guys,
One of my rear parking sensors fell out over the weekend and now whenever I reverse Yeti thinks I've something right up against the car and blares its persistent alert at me. Hopefully this isbeing fixed as part of today's (coincidental) service but has anyone else had problems with these little fellas falling out? Thanks.

Yeti South West

·
Administrator
13,118 Posts
Hi
17000 miles and no problems here (either end)

Do they clip into the bumper? Have you had a look to see if there are any scuff marks around the bumper? Perhaps someone nudged the bumper causing it to distort and the sensor to pop outEdited by: The Hood

·
Premium Member
4,754 Posts
I had one fall inside the bumper when someone in France parked in their usual way. Dealer reclipped it but also put some "putty" around it to make sure.

·
Registered
1 Posts
only 4 weeks old
We got our [3rd] yeti on 18th May. On 4th June drivers side sensor fell inside bumper. Dealers said colision which we dispute. Booked in for inspection and repair beg of July [they couldnt do it before]. Today the passenger side one has done the same. Explain that Sparshotts....... We think the hot weather is causing the problem - so a design fault - in both cases all the sensor unit has fallen in inluding the holding brackets....

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
Had the same problem some years ago with a Superb after bumper replaced following rear ended shunt. Holes slightly too big to retain the sensors in position. I just learnt how to replace them and added self adhesive tape to rear to help hold them in.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello All,

Twice I've had to have my 2011 Yeti's rear parking sensors replaced after they've fallen into the bumper void. Definitely wasn't the result of a bump. Is a design flaw.

Trust this is helpful to add to the 'collective understanding'.

Best wishes

SW Yeti

·
Administrator
13,118 Posts
Probably due to multiple suppliers making the bumpers and sensors. If they vary in the level of tolerance they manufacture to, certain combinations of manufacturer could result in the sensors not being tight enough and falling out.

The tolerance is measured in the level of standard deviation, but that may give some owners the wrong impression
Edited by: The Hood

1 - 7 of 7 Posts