Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
5,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since the first day SWMBO has complained about how uncomfortable the front passenger seat was, causing real back pains after just a few minutes. We overcame it by using a thick wedge cushion but it has puzzled us as when we tried one in the showroom even after sitting in the demonstrator for over forty five minutes there was no sign of any discomfort. So today she went in the Yeti for the first time to visit her chiropractor who noticed something we hadn't. The front passenger head rest is at a different angle to the drivers. It is "tipped" forward more so pushes her head forward to an awkward angle causing the discomfort and as there is no adjustment on the headrest other than height I am stuck as to a solution. I have the tilting front seat option and the demonstrator probably didn't, so is this a "feature" of the tipping seat or has anyone else seen a similar problem and found a solution?

·
Administrator
14,841 Posts
I've just been and checked mine, both headrests are the same but I don't have the tilting seat, is it possible that you have a "duff" headrest. It may be worth a trip to the dealer to see if you have a faulty headrest or possibly phone SUK to see if there should be a difference.

·
Administrator
5,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Hood. Supplying dealer was Rainworth so not sure about "a trip". Might try SUK as you suggest though.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Snow Good,

This might be a dumb question. Has the head rest been turned around and put back in backwards?

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Is the height of the head rest set correctly?

Edited by: plbxr

·
Administrator
14,841 Posts
Hi Snowgood, Rainworth do not show Jeremy on their website anymore I wonder if he has left. I would have thought any dealer would be able to help you if the headrest is faulty or wrongly manufactured. They might even have a similar car in stock to compare, there seems to be quite a few around at the moment.

·
Administrator
5,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After an investigation today I can see that it's not the headrest itself that is out of kilter. And yes they were adjusted to the right height and the right way round. Took both the front headrests off and compared them side by side and they are virtually the same. Tried swapping them round between the drivers and passenger seat and there was still the same discomfort caused by the passenger headrest being too far forward which forces the passengers neck to the wrong angle .
Its the two runners that the headrest slots/guides into on the passenger seat that are at a slightly different angle. I'd say more upright than the ones on the drivers side.
Anyone else have the tipping passenger seat option noticed this? Is this a design feature of the tipping seat?
As a temporary"fix" I have taken off the passenger headrest and turned it round and that seemed to make it much more comfortable but looking for a longer trip to get more feedback from SWMBO.
Funny I've had the car for over a year but it took someone else to observe the difference between the two seating positions. Perhaps I should be a passenger more but I like driving the Yeti.

·
Administrator
14,841 Posts
I've never travelled in the passenger seat, swmbo refuses to drive until it gets it's first dent. 21000 miles down and she still hasn't had a go.

·
Administrator
5,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Spoke to Skoda UK today and they have seen no previous issues with the headrest positionon the Fold Flat front seat option so sounds like I have a rogue. I'll have to find time to take itto a local dealer and have them confirm the problem but heading off to France at the end of next week so maybe have to wait until next month.
Used a set square and inclinometer to measure the angular difference between vertical onthe two front seat headrests and there is around 4 degrees difference between the two, the passenger side being the closer to vertical.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts