Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a crisis.......

My new Yeti is due to be built during week 8. I have ordered Metallic petrol blue. I've googled a thousand images of metallic petrol blue and they are all different!

My last three cars have all been metallic grey. my wife insists I have a different colour, however, I'm really not sure which of the two colours to choose........assuming I am still allowed to change my mind, should I want to.

Any members thoughts/opinions of these two colours would be appreciated. I'm kind of thinking of staying with my original choice of the blue, however, I really like the grey!!

The SUK website configurator doesn't seem to show true colours. If someone can say for sure that the metallic petrol blue on the website is a true representation of the blue, I'll go for that.

Your thoughts on these two colours would be very much appreciated, assuming I still have a choice.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Talk to your dealer, they have colour swatches that are very good for final decision making.

·
Administrator
14,842 Posts
Another option would be to find a dealer that has a petrol blue car for sale, it is unlikely that it would be a Yeti but another Skoda model inthat colour would give you an idea. Here's where I need my tin helmet,years ago a large percentage of people painted their walls magnolia, then you could buy a television in any colour as long as it was black, then most vans became white,now there are so many silver cars around, although they do look niceit's boring (sorry) it is not unusual to see a line of cars where three four or even five in a roware silver. They also look nice in non metallic red and you would save around £500. Sorry if you have a silver car and I have upset you, yes it does look nice when clean, but a bit of variety is nice (that's probably why you bought a Yeti in the first place).

·
Registered
394 Posts
Graham, ours is Petrol Blue, obviously we like it! If you have a look at the L8HNB posts in the gallery you will see it clean and dirty!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Nuff said . . . . .

·
Registered
471 Posts
Graham said:
I'm having a crisis.......

My new Yeti is due to be built during week 8. I have ordered Metallic petrol blue. I've googled a thousand images of metallic petrol blue and they are all different!

Any members thoughts/opinions of these two colours would be appreciated. I'm kind of thinking of staying with my original choice of the blue, however, I really like the grey!!

Your thoughts on these two colours would be very much appreciated, assuming I still have a choice.
Graham, if 1 colour was "the best" SUK would only have about 3 colours on offer as nobody would choose the others! It is all down to personal taste and half a shade out on a photo or brochure can swing my/your choice either way - hence all the fun we have had in the past on this site over "what is the best colour".
I would certainly spend valuable time looking around at new & used Yetis + other Skodas (in the flesh/metal not photos) with the same colour offering.
I did that & it changed my choice - I parked next to Candy white (not even on my short list of colours)Yeti & both SWMBO & I thought wow that's it.
If you go for Dark Grey again then you, Rolymo & the MOD areall right! (never thought I'd say that)
Seriously - this is your 1 chance to get it right - hence I will not even suggest a colour - its YOUR choice!

Don't leave it too late as SUK may fix your build date quicker that you think...................

Very best of luck & let us all know your final choice! Go for it .............

Edited by: JOOKS

·
Registered
788 Posts
The Hood said:
Another option would be to find a dealer that has a petrol blue car for sale, it is unlikely that it would be a Yeti but another Skoda model inthat colour would give you an idea.
Try the Skoda used car locator...

Or order this one. It'll be less of a costly mistake if you don't like the colour

Edited by: discosteve

·
Registered
471 Posts
discosteve Or order [url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ABREX-SKODA-YETI-in-PETROL-BLUE-1-43-MODEL-CAR-/291068458623?pt=UK_ToysGames_DiecastVehicles_DiecastVehicles_JN&hash=item43c508367f" said:
this one[/url]. It'll be less of a costly mistake if you don't like the colour
£41.90 - I would want a real one for that money, no wonder it's Free delivery!

Edited by: JOOKS

·
Registered
368 Posts
The Hood said:
SorryRolymo butit's just dark silver (But it does look nice)

Hi Hood - that's fine, no tin hat or tank required.

I agree with you about Silver (light Grey?) being everywhere, tho' not as bad as it was say 5/6 years ago when every other car seemed to be silver.

Jooks is absolutely right when he says that you have to see the car/colour in the flesh before deciding. We parked next to a Steel Grey Yeti at a theme park on a day out with the children and that's when we decided we really liked the colour - hadn't really considered it up to that point.

Oh and using your logic above that'd make Jooks car light black then I guess? . . . . .

Still can't believe he is gonna wait until March . . . . . . .

·
Registered
163 Posts
My new Yeti's in Shark Blue. Not the first colour I would have chosen (I was worried it might resemble a 1970s invalid car!) but have to say, now it's actually on the drive I adore it...

·
Registered
920 Posts
I wanted Shark blue but its no longer available

·
Registered
163 Posts
RickT said:
I wanted Shark blue but its no longer available

Really? I was luckier than I thought then! Mine Yeti's still only 12 weeks old so it (the colour) must've been phased out with the new version.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks to you all for your valuable advice. As it turns out, I'm too late to change anyway.The dealer informs me he has to give more than four weeks notice for a change of any spec. Mine is due to be built in week 8 which is 17th February onwards.
The dealer has an estimated arrival date to his garage on 10th March. That would be very handy as the M.O.T on my Subaru runs out on the 19th March!
So I am going to be the proud owner of a petrol blue yeti. My last three cars have all been grey, so maybe it is time for a change.
Many thanks everyone.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Before anyone moans, I didn't mean to spell Yeti without a capital Y!!!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a green Outdoor SE and I'm changing to a SEL in Petrol Blue with the white leather interior, my on from Beadles at Quarry Wood Aylesford.The colours you see are not the same, my old yeti has been coated, I hope to get the new one coated, I'm changing because I need the lumbar support for the old back.

Even on Car wow you cannot tel the colour

https://www.carwow.co.uk/blog/skoda-yeti-and-yeti-outdoor-colour-guide-0007

Regards

Peter From Wrotham,Kent

·
Premium Member
2,633 Posts
My current one is Petrol Blue. I can't stand grey cars. I think they are dangerous on wet winter nights it just blends into the tarmac. Mind you, Petrol blue ain't much better, but at least it looks fantastic in the sunshine!! Out of bright sun it does go quite dark. But IMHO, you have definitely ordered the best colourHere's mine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for pictures, looks good, look forward to mine a SEL dsg 1.2ltr with white leather interior, in about 8 weeks or less, I'm deciding if to have the second one coated Or not, the rain and mud just rolls of the green one, my dog Bobby -- Bichon Frise sits on a cover on the back seat.I took my Yeti Outdoor to Wooler YHA Northumberland/Scotland about 3 weeks ago for 3 days, (we went to the Falkirk Wheel) it performed well, on the way home the tyre pressure warning light came on, there was nothing wrong. It had to be reset when I returned.

Regards
Peter

1 - 20 of 25 Posts