Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A query to all the petrol Yeti owners.
According to all the information I have read, Skoda advises that the fuel filter for 1.2 TSI petrol engines is a lifetime fitment ie no scheduled service replacement. To me "lifetime" says 200,000 to 250,000 km's.
In my own personal experience I have never seen a petrol fuel filter go past 60,000km without being severely clogged-up.
Has anyone ever changed the fuel filter on their petrol vehicle, and at what mileage?
Did it need it, or was it just a precautionary change?
Did the dealer recommend it?

Thanks for your comments.

·
Registered
36 Posts
To be honest in 35 years of drivingI'venever had to have a fuel filter changed, most of my cars have had over 130,000 miles on them before I have sold them on.
I have heard that if you allow the car to run out of fuel that's when fuel filters become blocked.For peace of mind on your part maybe you should change it anyway at 60k.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WOW! You got 130,000 m-i-l-e-s...with no filter change!
Maybe our fuel is dirtier than I thought.
I will probably buy a spare filter and keep it just in case, or get it changed about 60,000k's.

·
Registered
920 Posts
I ran two cars to 90k and 115k without any trouble,

The integrity of any filter increaseswith use,

·
Administrator
14,839 Posts
My last car (a Mazda Premacy) was sold at tem years old with 152,000 miles on the clock, still with the original fuel filter, clutch and exhaust system, it is still going strong.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Something I was told years ago is ifthereis a fuel tanker at the petrol station move on to the next station, because when the tanker is delivering fuel into the underground tanks it disturbs all the dirt that settles at the bottom and that may end up being pumpedinto your car.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
On my model it's situated to the front side of the fuel tank.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi

only after I had paid for my new Yeti here in Oz did the dealer tell me there is NO log book for the servicing of the Yeti and Skoda only keep a record on line. But here in Oz you can legally have your new car serviced by other mechanics and as long as it is to the manufacturers requirements the warranty must be honored.

I could not find any ware, including much internet searching what were the servicing requirements and what needed to be serviced and at what intervals for my Yeti.

I corresponded with Skoda Australia who told me the interval is 12 months or 15,000 km.

But in an e.mail Skoda Australia informed me, "The customer is not usually provided a detailed list of everything perfoe4med (sic) during service at a dealer, but to assist with this please see document attached. It is for VW vehicles but very similar for your car." So under warranty you are supposed to have your Yeti serviced according to the manufacture's requirements but Skoda will not tell you what those requirements are!! They do not even tell you what they did to your car in the service yet expect you to pay them.

Anywaythe VW PDF Skoda sent is titled "Service Schedule ""“ Passenger Vehicles" and covers 15,30,60 and 105k intervals however there is some additional service listed for aTouareg.

But for the Fuel Filter it states that this should be changed every 60,000 km.

Trevor

·
Administrator
5,137 Posts
I wonder if that changed as in the VAG 1.2TSFI engine Self Study Guide that someone posted on the forum a while back it says it doesn't need changing. Extract says:

Scope of maintenance
Timing and auxiliary drives
Maintenance work Interval
Engine oil change interval with LongLife oil up to 30,000 km or 24 months depending on SID1) (change interval is dependent on driving style) Engine oil to VW standard 504.00

Engine oil change interval without LongLife oil Fixed interval of 15,000 km or 12 months (depending on which occurs first) Engine oil to VW standard 504.00 or 502.00

Engine oil filter change interval during every oil change
Engine oil change quantity (for customer service) 3.7 litres (including oil filter)
Extract / drain engine oil not permitted / yes
Air filter change interval 90,000 km
Fuel filter change intervalLifetime
Spark plug replacement interval 60,000 km

Maintenance work Interval
Ribbed V belt replacement interval Lifetime
Ribbed V belt tensioning system Lifetime (automatic tensioner pulley)
Timing gear chain replacement intervalLifetime
Timing gear chain tensioning systemLifetime

Edited by: SnowGood

1 - 10 of 10 Posts