Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,
trying to pair my wifes phone with the bolero unit. (1.4 elegance)
the phone recognises the car but the bolero unit says no phone connected etc. there is no function "phone search" when starting the pairing. am i doing something wrong here?
like i said , i need an explination for dummies as i never use a phone in the car...no need , i dont have any friends

cheers
brian

·
Registered
266 Posts
Is the phone compatible with the Bolero? Download this from the Skoda site to find out.
http://new.skoda-auto.com/SiteCollectionDocuments/download/devices/en/hf-compatibility.pdf

There's also a Bluetooth guide to pairing the phone which explains the pairing procedure which should really be provided with all cars fitted with bluetooth

http://www.skoda-auto.com/GBR/Documents/Brochures/Accessories/Skoda%20Yeti%20Bluetooth%20guide.pdf

Hoepfully these will help pair the phone.

It took me a couple of attempts to pair my phone but now every time I turn on the ignition the car finds the phone .

Keith

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the replies.
it looks like my wifes newish nokia is not compatible but will try again just incase. we tried my old beat up sony ericsson and paired first time...dead easy
ill probably never use it though.

great info chaps.

brian

·
Registered
213 Posts
I have also encountered a pairing difficulty but mine is to do with the fact it is a company phone and the bluetooth listen mode is disabled (could be part of your problem with nokia bandh?) most phones pair easily but you have to set them to listen mode in the bluetooth menu because the Yeti transmits its code, which you see on your phone, per freedie's comment.When you do pair the phones option menu usually gives you a "always ask to connect" option that needs to be unticked, then the phone will connect seamlessly (fingers crossed).

That said does anyone have any idea how I can get around my pairing problem, I could not find a listen mode for the Yeti, is there one hidden anywhere?

·
Registered
213 Posts
I had another shot at my BB9000 connection and found this time I saw the option to put the code into the phone (1234), it then connected after a confirmation on the Maxidot that it was the right phone and the address book was displayed on request. So looks like I was wrong on about one way connection limitation.

What did I do differently? Not sure may have tired connecting in a different order, but I think think that patience and keeping an eye on both machines will probably get any bluetooth phone connected. Also, when I get in car after 20 seconds of the ignition being on there is a bong and a connection made. Unless you cancel on the Maxidot which does give you the option. Very pleased, hope others overcome any phone connection difficulty with a little perseverance.

·
Registered
760 Posts
The How to of - Bluetooth mobile phone pairing with the Yeti.

Today I tried and successfully paired a recently purchased Chinese android smartphone to my Yeti.

Instructional design can sometimes leave the best of us feeling like we are not as smart as we once thought we were. The explanation provided in the phone's manual is a Chinese translation into English, which unfortunately is not as clear and sequencial as desired. Similarly, the Yeti's manual left me a little confused, therefore I present the following:

If you are sitting comfortably in your Yeti and you have read these instructions three times, we shall begin:
1. For the phone to make a connection with the Yeti's bluetooth, the car's ignition needs to be turned on. Then you must next focus your attention on the phone; forgetting the Yeti's display for the time being.
2. With the mobile phone turned on, go to the phone's bluetooth, which also needs to be turn on, if it is not already.
3. Your phone might now start searching for a device. The word "searching" may be showing on your phones screen along with a rotating circle. (In this case the device your phone is searching for is your Yeti's bluetooth, because it should be the closest bluetooth device to your phone).
4. If your phone does not automatically start searching for a bluetooth device, you will need to sight "search for device" on the phones screen and press or tap it.
5. Once the Yeti's bluetooth is identified by the phone, a headphone set and the words SKODA_BT should be seen on the phone's screen. (That is what my phone presented to me, yours might be different).
6. A press or tap of SKODA_BT on your phone screen should now connect your phone to the Yeti's bluetooth.
7. A "boyng" sound made by your Yeti should be heard as the connection is made.
8. You may now look at the Yeti's Maxidot display to see your phone as connected.

I do hope this is helpful to you.

Happy phoning,
Banjobach.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
all sorted now .thanks for the replies.
since my first post we have gone through a couple of phones. i have a cheapo nokia 113(great little phone) and my wife has a samsung galaxy thingy. both phones were paired up in a jiffy and so easy to do.

brian

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am also trying to pair my phone. Searches and finds the device and gives me a code but I don't know where to enter the code? Can any one help?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi there,

When I search for the radio on my iPhone, I get message Bluetooth Pairing Request "VW PHONE" would like to pair with your iPhone. Confirm that the code "056685" is shown on your VW Radio. However I can't find this information anywhere on the radio. So searching for the radio via the iPhone Bluetooth search does not work. Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance

·
Administrator
13,096 Posts
Hi Roy welcome to the forum. Can you give us some more details, what car do you have, what radio head is fitted and what phone are you using?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Welcome Roy to the forums you will find the answer to most problems on here if not ask and one of the friendly members will have an answer for you

·
Registered
204 Posts
Just be thankful you're not in the position I've put myself in with my Aygo!It came with a factory fitted handsfree kit for the phone, but no bluetooth media player - just a normal radio/CD player. I happened to have a Sony CD/Radio player with phone and media bluetooth capability. So I removed the original unit and use this instead, the swap went well and everything works - except I forgot how bad the quality of the microphone is on the Sony. So now I use the Toyota factory fitted handsfree phone system for calls, and the stereo for bluetooth media.
I'm happy with it, but the 2 systems aren't... every time I start the car they fight over who has control of the phone!

·
Registered
279 Posts
The joys of motoring today one time it was spot the red box on the side of the road and when you stopped and the phone worked or you had enough coins it was a bonus, I will say I love the personal message I get when I stop as the screen reminds you to take your phone. My kids were like that fighting over who got control over the phone, before growing up and having there own phones.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Garry.jones1 said:
My kids were like that fighting over who got control over the phone, before growing up and having there own phones.

Are you trying to tell me my Aygo should have its own phone!?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts