Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Hi John, nice bit of autumnal scenery to set your Yeti off a treat, Forest of Dean by any chance?Cheers, H.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Epicyclic said:
Hi John, nice bit of autumnal scenery to set your Yeti off a treat, Forest of Dean by any chance?Cheers, H.
Yes, well done, how did you know?. Tried several locations to get a snap of a Beech tree with the Yeti but to many people about.

·
Registered
394 Posts
The trees on the hills in the back ground gave it away. FoD's just down the road from us (Nr Pershore) we often come down that way, one of our favourite local places. Must make the effort to come down that way again soon.
Is your Yeti black or blue? It looks black in the first pic and blue in the second?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Epicyclic said:
The trees on the hills in the back ground gave it away. FoD's just down the road from us (Nr Pershore) we often come down that way, one of our favourite local places. Must make the effort to come down that way again soon.
Is your Yeti black or blue? It looks black in the first pic and blue in the second?
It is black, not sure why the color seems a bit off in the second photo. You should try and make a visit soon, it really is lovely this time of year.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Tiger800XC said:
It is black, not sure why the color seems a bit off in the second photo. You should try and make a visit soon, it really is lovely this time of year.
There is a blueish tinge to the photo on my PC but that may be my screen not your photo

Yep, we really do need to get down there very soon but time is tight at present, although I do havesome holiday left...

Any Yeti friendly tracks you can recommend we can have a go at?

·
Registered
94 Posts
These photos prove that it is easy to fall in love with the Yeti without even driving one! Just the look of this one under the trees with the sunlight glinting off the roof must show you that love at first sight is truly possible!
The Yeti will prove to be one of the classic cars of the future!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Epicyclic said:
No, you used to be able to go anywhere when I was a kid (many years ago) but not any more. The forestry have barriers preventing access and apparently will confiscate any vehicle caught using a track.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Tiger800XC said:
With a bit of luck my recently purchased Yeti will appear below, 1000 miles so far and loving it.
Hi Tiger, I have looked at this photo a number of times and it still looks amazing. Thefantastic colours are beautifully enhanced by your Snow Monster.
Brilliant.

Edited by: JOOKS

·
Registered
394 Posts
Tiger800XC said:
Epicyclic said:
No, you used to be able to go anywhere when I was a kid (many years ago) but not any more. The forestry have barriers preventing access and apparently will confiscate any vehicle caught using a track.

Hey ho, I know what you mean about the barriers, we used to drive into the forest to do a bit of bird watching but we haven't been able to do that for a good few years.

Anyway, I'll be down to Drybrook this w/e to pick up a part for our Landy so, weather permitting, I'll do that and get a bit of a walk in too if the weather is ok.

·
Premium Member
4,729 Posts
Epicyclic said:
I can think of several around here!

However it is generally not considered good practice to give out map references of "green lanes" on a public forum, due to idiots going out to "play" on them and ruin them.
As an ex Rights of Way Officer for a national Club I have a fair idea of what is what and am willing to check for people.

One I will state, as it is very common knowledge, is the Byway to the northern side of Claerwen Dam in the Elan Valley
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/preview?hl=en#!data=!1m4!1m3!1d2096!2d-3.656138!3d52.259342

Be very careful of driving on Forestry Commision property, they will prosecute for Vehicular Trespass and it is a criminal offence now with heavy fines and the possible confiscation of the vehicle, or the issueing of a Section 59 Notice.
The only Rights of Way you can legally drive are Byways Open to All Traffic, and NOT Restricted Byways, or Other Routes with Public Access.

Edited by: Llanigraham

·
Registered
394 Posts
Thanks Graham. Yep, well aware of all that, and what goes with it. We also enjoy walking and being away from it all so try see both side of the argument.

Been up to Claerwen a good few times, geocaching last time if I remember correctly, but never been up that lane - will keep it in mind for next time.

·
Premium Member
4,729 Posts
I've led a few Yeti trips along there but never thought of 'caching it! Must look what there is.

There is a nice micro-cache in Llani!!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Llanigraham said:
I've led a few Yeti trips along there but never thought of 'caching it! Must look what there is.

There is a nice micro-cache in Llani!!
Ah ha! there are others out there...

We've done a few around Rhayader, but not Llani - yet!

Lets us knowif you set one and we'll try to FTF it

·
Registered
394 Posts
Just had a look at it, can see why its so special (#1!) Checked the clue out, nice one! On a very nice piece of vintage kit by the look of it. Its done well to last 5 years!

We'll look out for it when we come over...

Went to a rather good event yesterday lunchtime at the Wheelbarrow Castle, Radford. Dr Who themed, pub wasnext door to where they filmed a Dr Who episode - the even had a full size dalek! 100+ cachers turned up.
Edited by: Epicyclic

·
Premium Member
4,729 Posts
Went to The Wheelbarrow Castle a few times and never realised they had filmed near there!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts