Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After moving to Spain this year discovered that the Vectra estate we had couldn't cope with the steep, DRY dusty hill coming out of our village.(in winter here in the mountainous olive region it is quite wet and can be icy) Desperate action was required. Many hours of research later we sourced one of only 2 or 3 Yetis with the right spec available in the whole of Spain that were 4 x 4.

I have joined the Yeti owners club for many reasons one being that the owners manual is in Spanish! Sounds fun too. We will have lots of questions I am sure. We look forward to hearing everyone's stories and news. Fancy a Yeti Convention in Southern Spain?

We also bought a new turbo vacuum cleaner but can't find the "off road " button on that yet!

Edited by: Voyseygw

·
Administrator
13,116 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hiya George and welcome to the world of Yeti.I live a spit up the road from you so you never know we might bump into each other one o these day's ( not literally i hope ).Did you get him from a Skoda agent,if so they should happily get one for you as a freebie.My dealer in Vera got mine for me pretty quickly from HO.Sure he had more than one on the day so if you want i will ask for you.I'm due to speak with em next week as i have to book in for a service so no prob if it helps.Just shout.Either way,happy motoring. Edited by: Suzuki

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Suzuki!
We bought our beast from Safamotor in Fuengarola. We did ask for a manual and he did say he would get us one but the sales service was pretty poor so we are not holding out much hope.

Where are you? I googled Vera, in Spain (nice girl I hear) and found one in Almeria. 125 miles away. If you could get us a copy that would great and a good excuse to introduce the beasts to each other.

Today will be our first safari with "Borris" apart from picking him up on Thurs. Can't wait. Thank you for your lovely reply. Liz and George.

Ps. George put on a question yesterday on how to change the language on the computer display on the dash. Did you change it or have you kept it as is?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Changed it to english.Pretty easy when you know how but a bugger if your instructions are in spanish and you dont read spanish very well.Use the button on the stearing wheel that gives you your fuel readings and select menu.Next choose language and set,easy,although my explanation could well be improved on by some of the more adept forumers.Tis easy though.Will speak to my guy next week for you and organize something,not sure whether he'll charge me for it but we'll see.Yep,you got the right Vera but i live about 40klms away a tad more inland.It only takes a couple of hour's down to Granada,an hour to Baza lakes,that's about half way.A nice drive out for us both so might be a good place to meet up one day.Will let you know about the handbook as soon as.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Hola Voyseygw/ Welcome to the site. I have driven down to Benelmadena twice so far in Hettie ( the Yeti ) and hope that when I'm well enough, some time next year perhaps to do so again. A Yeti fest in the sun sounds good to me!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hola as well

I have driven down to just north of Malaga 3 times this year and will certainly be down there again next yea. First trip will probably be arounfd Easter time for the celebrations in the village (Alozaina) so a yeti fest would certainly be good

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hiya again George,as promised i spoke to dealer today re a handbook in English.I now have one in my sticky little hand awaiting your further instruction.It comes at great cost ie;a small beer and half hour of my time telling him what a wonderfull car he sold me ( no lie there then ) so as and when,ball in your court.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts