Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A casual visit to Sinclair Skoda at Swansea turned into a 'car changing' experience.
In all its slendour was a black roofed candy white Yeti Adventure and it was available NOW!
End result - will be picking it up on Saturday. BrianThomas, 'salesman extrodinaire' even managed to convince my wife that it was a good buy with £2265 of extras over the SE spec for no extra money.

However I have one question to ask fellow members. I have 16'' winter rims and tyres which were only bought last January and have been used for only 1500 miles. The Adventure has 17'' Matterhorns fitted. Will it invalidate my insurance if I use the 16'' rims and tyres during the winter months?

Any advice welcomed.

·
Administrator
13,057 Posts
Hi I use 215/60/16 winter tyres and my insurance company are happy, their response was, this is not considered a modification and neither increases or decrease the premium. There is only a slight change in the tyres circumference and the speedo and sat nav almost agree on road seed. The taller tyres also provide more cushioning and a slightly better ride. So if you are going from 16" to 17"wheels you may find the ride slightly bumpier.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Hood said:
Hi I use 215/60/16 winter tyres and my insurance company are happy, their response was, this is not considered a modification and neither increases or decrease the premium. There is only a slight change in the tyres circumference and  the speedo and sat nav almost agree on road seed. The taller tyres also provide more cushioning and a slightly better ride. So if you are going from 16" to 17"wheels you may find the ride slightly bumpier.
Thanks Hood - your information has put my mind at rest - I had visions of having to sell my winters and buy new 17'' ones. I've followed the debate re. 16'' vis a vis 17'' tyres and I'm sure that your advice is spot on. Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
4,715 Posts
Don't worry about it, Shanco.
Have a look at this link for further confirmation:

<a href="http://www.abi.org.uk/~/media/Files/Documents/Publications/Public/Migrated/Motor/ABI%20guide%20to%20winter%20tyres%20The%20motor%20insurance%20commitment.ashx" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">https://www.abi.org.uk/~/media/Files/Documents/Publications/Public/Migrated/Motor/ABI guide to winter tyres The motor insurance commitment.ashx
</a>
Brian is a nice chap.isn't he? I was chatting to him last Friday afternoon whilst waiting for my Yeti to have it's service.

Edited by: Llanigraham

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Llanigraham.

What a super link - it clarifies the winter wheel issues for 70 different UK insurers.

Yes, Brian is a really nice character and handles any potential buyers queries in a timely and professional manner - a tremendous asset to Sinclair Skoda.

Thanks again for your help,

Shanco

1 - 5 of 5 Posts