Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeti's are a fantastic car for packing everything in, even the kitchen sink with so much space available. On a recent holiday we did just that, but when it comes to the outside of the Yeti that's a different story altogether. With roof bars securely fitted and two 7ft 6" surfboards tied on safely. Everything looked fine, even spoke to my lads about not opening the boot as the surfboards overhung the tailgate slightly. Just about to set off and the wife arrived on the scene, first thing she did was open the boot to place an item in and guess what happened.....ping!.......followed by a few chosen words from yours truly. Stepped out of the car to find a small dent where the point of the surfboard pinged the tailgate!

Roll on a few days and now it's my turn. Reversing the car slowly in a carpark and I ponged the car into a narrow scaffold type pole with a notice board on the top. Funny thing is the reversing sensors didn't pick up the pole until it was too late and yes you guessed it was the wife's turn to have her own back on me!

The moral of the story is Yeti's are great fun especially if you want a game of ping pong!

·
Administrator
4,884 Posts
Sorry to read that. At least one trip to a body shop for both will work out cheaper than two.

Reactions: JUST Yeti

·
Administrator
14,216 Posts
If the paint is not damaged have a word with a dealer and ask who they use for non paint bodywork repairs. I had a dent with a sharp crease on a front wheel arch, half an hour or so on the drive and Stuart removed all traces whilst I watched for just £50. If you are around the Berkshire area I could pass his details on.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If the paint is not damaged have a word with a dealer and ask who they use for non paint bodywork repairs. I had a dent with a sharp crease on a front wheel arch, half an hour or so on the drive and Stuart removed all traces whilst I watched for just £50. If you are around the Berkshire area I could pass his details on.
Thanks for the offer of help. I'm in Wales and know someone who can sort it out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts