Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry - tyres again.

I read on other sites that Pirelli P Zeros are worse than useless in snow. My problem is that, as my car is a Motability vehicle I am stuck with the tyres that came with the car. Had I known what tyres were on the vehicle prior to collection, I would have complained to Motability at that stage, but 2.5k down the line there is little I can do. Are these tyres as bad as other site paint them (I live at the bottom of a couple of hills with a bend at the bottom of each. Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Softly, softly with the right foot often works. Use your gears going down and see how you go.To change tyres before youhave tried them may be a waste.
Everyone drives different, and hills can be less or more incline.
And as the train service quotes 'It might be the wrong/right type of snow'
Sorry if this sounds patronizing, I'm just trying to ease your worries.
Other than that, go on the Tyre Company web site and see what they say about usage.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Tick Tock. DSG yetis are somewhat difficult to do much else than break unfortunately, unless you manage to use themanual shift to change gear ( a habit swymbo has never acquired). Still, we will wait and see what transpires if we get the predicted snowfalls!!

·
Registered
706 Posts
Hi, page 115 of the drivers manual gives a very brief description of the manual shift.
If there's an industrial estate near you, go for a play with the DSG on a Sunday when all should be quite.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tick Tock said:
Hi, page 115 of the drivers manual gives a very brief description of the manual shift.

If there's an industrial estate near you, go for a play with the DSG on a Sunday when all should be quite.
]

I use it many times, but I still wonder how effective it will be in snowy conditions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts