Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Yeti was supplied with Pirelli P Zero Rosso 225/50ZR17 tyres. I wondered if anyone has had experience of driving on them in ice or snow. At the moment they seem OK in dry and wet conditions but I have read on line that they have a tendancy to wear quickly. Any comment would be appreciated.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Empcom said:
My Yeti was supplied with Pirelli P Zero Rosso 225/50ZR17 tyres. I wondered if anyone has had experience of driving on them in ice or snow. At the moment they seem OK in dry and wet conditions but I have read on line that they have a tendancy to wear quickly. Any comment would be appreciated.
Pasted from web search. I have to agree with the comments about driving in the wet, although, to date I have not needed to drive in snow.The comment below was taken from: http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Pirelli/PZero-Rosso_2.htm

Given 45%(breakdown) while driving a SEAT Leon FR tdi(225-45-17-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 800 average miles

got these tyres with my new car; absolutely terrible. have no confidence in them when wet, get excessive wheelspin accelerating at low speed in the dry.

just had a chance to drive them in the snow and they were the worst failures at trying to get up the slight hill outside my house for the past 4 years.

I can't reiterate just how poor these tyres are.

used to Goodyear eagles and uniroyal rainsport and despite these only having 5k on then and suffered very little wear I'll be swapping them for something better this week.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have the Pirelli 225/50R17 tyres and have found them good on even not the best of roads where I live.
I wouldn't take any notice of this report at all. I can drive in a spirited manner if I choose, and I have never had any issues with the tyres at all, being fortunate enough in the past to have long term tested preproduction tyres for Avon and Mitchelin. In reality I would suggest that the Seat Leon FR Tdi has little in common with the Yeti, and the test driver has even less in common with the average Yeti driver.
Edited by: Cornishman53

·
Registered
730 Posts
Cornishman53 said:
I have the Pirelli 225/50R17 tyres and have found them good on even not the best of roads where I live.
I wouldn't take any notice of this report at all. I can drive in a spirited manner if I choose, and I have never had any issues with the tyres at all, being fortunate enough in the past to have long term tested preproduction tyres for Avon and Mitchelin. In reality I would suggest that the Seat Leon FR Tdi has little in common with the Yeti, and the test driver has even less in common with the average Yeti driver.
I was given to understand that the Leon, Golf, Yeti and Audi A3 were all on the same chassis. And if you look on the website quoted there are a few more with the same views onPirelli P Zero Rosso. Having only changed from a Golf last September, I have not had chance to evaluate them in snow as yet myself

1 - 4 of 4 Posts