Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am very disappointed at the lack of support by the owner/moderator (Dan?) of this forum.
The "About us/Contact" does not work - I just get an error page and the Avatar loading has failed on a number of occasions - it just locks up at the picture transfer stage.

Please, whoever you are, respond to our requests and get this forum working properly.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
waiting for new posts on this forum
i think its now
well and truly

·
Premium Member
4,717 Posts
I look in occasionally, but have gone back to the other one. The mmod has calmed down there now.

·
Administrator
13,059 Posts
Hi I have not got my car yet (due Feb 2012)but joined in September becasue Ithought it would be good to find like minded people, seemd a good idea but seems to have fizzled out.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
try briskoda.net
oops did i say that
don't think the mods ever look at this site any more so think i may get away with that Edited by: wakev

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Hi,Really sorry on the delay here and the few bits not working.

Truth is, I started to set this up but then got very busy at work, ended up working 12 hours days non stop for the past month anddidn'tget chance to finish the last bits n pieces off.

Hope this is not putting any one off too much, I'll see what I can get sorted today but please drop me a PM (I'm going through the ones I have already) if I've missed anything.

Cheers
Dan

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dan responded to my PM re the site. I thank him for that and hope all you frustrated users will give him a chance to sort things out.

A site JUST for Yeti owners
Now I won't have to look in "wheels" for Yeti wheel problems and "electronics" for my radio problems - I just look in Yeti!!! Simples and that sums me up

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It was. It was. It really was.

Sorry to get so excited but recent Yeti encounters have been a bit one sided recently - usually blank stares!!!

And we chose the same colour!! Great minds etc.

Cheers and hope to see you soon.

Mike.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Great! I hope the response of two people waving and lights being flashed gave you a warm welcoming feeling. A second before seeing you I had turned to Sally to say "No Yetis again today". As a very keen birder, I always say things like that to encourage "whatever" to suddenly appear in front of me.
I am not one for shopping; but love this car so much I take Sally everywhere these days. We will meet in Asda no doubt! Another friend of mine, Kingsley, also has a Yeti, to be seen there often!

Almost every car I have owned, from a 2CV6 up to the last Subaru WRX, have been from the "waving and flashing" garage!

Eddie

PS Mine is Muscovado; thought yours was Cappuccino? Still great minds though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
give and take - something the 'other place' did not understand.

We YETI owners like to be self contained, and if Dan-Dan the Yeti-site-man gets busy at his work, we MUST allow him space - cos this is a new experience.

let it live

let it breathe

Let it THRIVE.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Hi,This site can be what ever you want it to be! Happy to add / remove parts and tailor it round the needs of the members. I set up a basic forum and can grow it as needs be

Dan

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Dan said:
Hi,
This site can be what ever you want it to be! Happy to add / remove parts and tailor it round the needs of the members. I set up a basic forum and can grow it as needs be

Dan
Hi Dan you may remove my comment about the site I made earlier in this thread, it was made in the early days of your site and after your explanation of your reasons for the delay in replying to problems I feel I was a bit hard with my comment and on your forum
apologies.

Hope now this forum can grow into a large friendly fun community with everything you need to know in one place (unlike some)

·
Registered
12 Posts
I joined another forum in May 08 when it was six weeks old, I was member no 7 and I'm the 6th highest poster. These things don't run themselves and I'm grateful that there is a dedicated forum for the Yeti. Stick with it everybody, www.v-strom.co.uk now has approaching 2000 members and is a huge database of chat, info and other nonsense.

·
Administrator
13,059 Posts
Hi I joined last September and was around member No6, now there are over 90 so it is begining to grow. There was a brief period in October when there was a surge of new members from the other forum but they appeared to be used to the greater volume of postings and support on the other site and drifted back. It was a shame because there are some very knowledgeable people out there, but every now and then a couple pop back again.
Feelings on the other site do seem to get a bit high at times.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
I look in every day to see if there are any new posts, or anyone asking for help we should all stick with this forum and hope it keeps growing

·
Administrator
13,059 Posts
I agree and I tend to do the same, although I must admit I appear to be one of your best "customers".

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
I think its doing really well considering how new the site is and how established the other site is. I don't see it as a competition though. There are some excellent posts and info out there and hopefully we'll start to build up the same level of knowledge here. Wont happen overnight though!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts