Yeti Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, this is great, it has been a long time since I've been back. Forgotten what a good forum this is for information and friendly banter.
Some may remember I jumped ship about 15 months ago to get a Macan SD. Loved my 170Yeti but my daily commute for 4 years was wearing thin and I had a mid-mid-life crisis (more later) and went Porsche (or Porch as some say ˜Š) Macan to get a more sporting drive, with good practicality, and being a little disappointed with VW diesel-gate (I should have known it followed me)
Either way, if you do get a chance please drive one, the Macan forum has quite a few Yeti/Ex-Yeti owners would you believe so the dealers should not be surprised to see a Yeti pulling in ˜Š
It is as good as the reviews say in my view, as it should be at the price. We toured in France with our bikes on the back last year and it was great, in the snowy conditions in Wales it had no issues, and can chase most hot hatches around the lanes to a crazy extent.
What I do find is it is a big SUV and hard to manoeuvre sometimes (slight worry about dings in wheels and bodywork may make that worst). The original Yeti is still a sweet size and I may yet get one for chores (a Gen 1 if so).
Retirement looms and my later-mid-life crisis is causing me to move on an the true sports car need is being released with a used 911 on the cards - while I can still get in and out!
A few pictures if I can remember how:

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Hood said:
What a contrast in weather with the pictures. My grandson is desperate to see snow but it keeps missing us. Looking forward to the 911 write up.
I have had enough snow for this year as I won't be so well equipped in a few weeks with only 2 wheel drive! It has been 20 years since I had a petrol and/or naturally aspirated engine so it will be an interesting change

As you wish - I will be back - with write-up on my entry level Carrera, in due course. A life long goal achieved for me, at least to experience it for a little while and while it is possible to still buy Petrol. The future seems to be drawing closer with battery or hydrogen power. I notice that in my home town Abergavenny that they are trialling the, made in Wales, Rasa that I would like to try - in the summer!

·
Premium Member
Kia Niro HEV2 and MG Midget
6,090 Posts
The RASA is based in Llandrindod Wells.
I've met the owners at a meeting here in Llanidloes and go passed the factory when we visit Llan'dod.
There is also a company here that restores classic sports cars but converts them to electric motors. He has a VW Beetle and a VW truck and is currently converting a 911
https://www.electricclassiccars.co.uk/

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Those electric conversions look great and very tidy. Fiat 500 must be fun if the batteries are not too heavy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.