Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, here i'll post stuff about my Yeti..

manly pics, because they speak for themselfs

if sometimes the english is badly spelled, in advance i'll give my apology's!

this are the first pic's i've take when i've bought it..

is from November 2011, bought it in August 2013 with 27.000Km

when i arrived home..

then, as usual for me.. i've whased it, waxed, vacum, interior ans exterior plastics treatment..

and whent for a ride with the family..

the destination was Vale Glaciar in Serra da Estrela

then star's the work..

first the TSI logo from a Skoda Fabia.. it's small enough to perfectly fit the Yeti logo

then i've ordered the LPG LPDI conversion kit from Vialle.

it has arrived yesterday, and saturday i'll leave my Yeti to instal it, and also to tint all the widows except the windshield...

so nowcomes one painfull week without my Yeti!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Nice photos and nice car AgA, thanks for posting them.
I hope the car serves you well.
By the way, your English is a lot better than my Portugese

Safe travels, Rob.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks hazmat!

well, another trip, this time to Lisbon..

tinted windows are done! :)

have lefted it on my LPG instalator, hope next wednesday i'll get my hands back in my Yeti! :D

·
Registered
213 Posts
Great Yeti photos. It will be interesting to see you LPG installation. I am sure you will have some photographs?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
of course it will have lots of pics!

i hope this wednsday i'll have the Yeti ready..

the new LPG tecnology for this engine is very interesting..

it's my third LPG car..

but this one will have liquid direct injection, that means it will not have any lost of performance or increase of fuel consuption...

and with the diference of the price of a liter of gasoline VS LPG.. i'll spend less than half ‚¬ per km!

the only "problem" is the LPG tank.. as usual it will be monted in the spare whell space, but the multivalve of this kits its larger, so i'll have to raise the boot floor about 5cm..

a small problem facing all the advanteges..

no stress :)

here's a picture of the first Yeti converted in Portugal, by my instalator FrontFuels

·
Registered
213 Posts
That is neat, I wondered if you would get a larger tank due the space around the spare wheel well. I guess you will still get 500km on one tank full?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
for this LPDi kit's, Vialle themselfs give the recomended items for the car..

even for the LPG switch we can't choose were to install it..

the LPG tank is the one shown on the image, it takes the spare wheel space and can be filled with about 45l of LPG..

for my calculations it will give around 600km with one tank!

but of course, just after i try it i can really tell how mutch km i'll do..

just can't wait to get it back..

i think tomorrow i'll have it back

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well, yesterday i went to pick my Yeti, with Vialle LPDI conversion kit installed..
and here come's some pics..

the engine bay:

theFSU:

ECU and fuse's:

the fuel tank, this is a new version for this kit.. happly the center is filled with LPG, so i have the same capacity, but it lower's the space ocupyed in the boot! that's nice! instead of having to rise the boot 7cm, i'll only have to do it by 3cm

the switch to change fuels, and fuel level:

and 2 more pics of my Yeti!

and that's it.. now just got tu use it.. to see if i empty this tank, to start calculating the real adverge with LPG.. also see if next week i'll built a boot floot rising to level the boot and hide the tank..
BTW, yesterday on the way to pick the yeti, passed by a store to buy the Thule Wingbar kit!

somo promo has come up here, 40‚¬ less! :)

regards,

AgA

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Great photos. Its good to see an LPG kit for a Yeti. Is the new and improved boot tank still 45 litre capacity?

Edited by: plbxr

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hello!

news from the portuguese yeti!

new original FM aerial

original door seal covers

reduced plugs gap from 0.9 to 0.7, for better LPG combustion

and finished yesterday, the new boot floor to compensate the extra hight from the LPG tank

still with the storage side spots usable!

and with a ton of insulation to ofuscate the LPG pump sound

still i'll paint the wooden back with matte black, to make it less flashy..

no coment's yet from the fuel millege, but report will come, after a few more LPG tanks spent!

best regards from sunny Portugal!

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Great photo's AgA. Though...I can't help wondering if your sill protectors are set too far inboard and won't protect the outer edge of the sill properly. I can see the paint being scraped off the outer lip of the sill as this is the spot that takes the most abrasive wear and so needs the most protection.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Oh....and Happy Birthday AgA!!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yes

i can say that i'm enjoying the Yeti..

of course this manual works in the car, makes me enjoy it even more!

@plbxr: yes, i could glue the seals even closer to the edge of the body, but i did not wanted to take the risck of bad sealing of the rubber's from the doors..

i think like that, i wont have a load of damage to the paint..

and thank you for the Bday :)

i was a very cool day :D and one more year in my back.. :D

regards

AgA

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Aga, when you had the LPG fitted to the vehicle, did the installer reset the ECU ie disconnect the power from the engine computer for a while to reset baseline values?

·
Registered
760 Posts
Great photographs of your LPG conversion, I do hope all goes well and you continue to enjoy many miles / kilometres of fun in your Yeti. Do keep us informed of the performance and savings from using LPG fuel. How long or how many kilometres will it take to pay for the conversion?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well, for a matter of pure safety, the battery is allways disconected while the conections between both ECU's are being done..
so, the reset of the ECU was done..

for now, the conversion is still in a fase of adaptation..

the stock ECU is still "finding" the correct ignition point, the LPG has more than 100 octanes (around 105) against the 95 of standard unleaded gasoline..

so for now i can't tell the real consuption..

the 2 petrol tanks i've spent before the conversion gave me 7.02 and 7.04 l/100km

the 2 LPG tanks i've spent so far have made 11.2l/100km and 9.7l/100km

but of course, with fuel this cheap..
the pression in the gas peddal hasen't been the same

when stabilesed the fuel consuption, i think i'm gonna do about 8l/100km.. this way the investment will be recovered around the 40Kkm mark.

here in my area of Portugal the diference of price's are significant:

-unleaded 95 - 1,55 ‚¬/l

- LPG - 0,67 ‚¬/l

for now, as usual (this is my third LPG car), i'm having some missfire's..

this week i'm gonna buy a new set of plugs, and a new set of ignition leads from TESLA, that are more thick and have copper center core.. hope that this resolve's the problem..

i'll keep you guys updated!

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Usually spark plugs are closed by only 0.1mm for LPG. I'm wondering if your 0.2 re-gap may be a little too much and is causing the misfires. Of if you may have the dreaded 1.2 TSI "short to ground" problem with the ignition leads; but the new leads will answer that.
Do you have the engine control unit and traction control lights come on at the same time???

1 - 20 of 33 Posts