Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1st post, hope it's right.Just put deposit on a demo SE+ to collect Feb 2014. It's a 4x4Tdi DSG.
Hope sale goes through as it's a fair time for things to go wrong.

Site seems good for many answers, and ideas for what can be done.
Just hope the dealer can fix a proper tow bar & electrics.

·
Administrator
13,059 Posts
Welcome to the forum, hope the waiting doesn't get too much for you. fingers crossed with the tow bar and electrics. Any questions just ask.

·
Administrator
4,436 Posts
Welcome Tick Tock. Sounds like your clock is already running up to February.
There is plenty of advice on here about tow bars and the electrics required so come back with any questions.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hi Tick Tock. Welcome to the forum. The time that you`re waiting will go slower and slower as the days pass. And who said time is a constant? It stretches the longer you wait!

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the 'welcome's & Hi's'
Have been thinking about (wanting) a Yeti for a few years. My main problem was the wait time quoted by dealers. I always prefer to purchase through a main dealer and, that's not a knock against the other suppliers out there.
And, yes I'm counting the weeks.I'm on my 8th Land Rover at present. I dread to count how many other cars I've had in my 54 years on the road.

Cheers for now.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Welcome to a great site Tick Tock. Oh boy are you in for a treat after so many Landies (nothing against them at all), each car has it's place, and you will find the yeti turning circle a joy after years of Landies.

I am still a new boy, having only done 2K in a 1.2 TSI DSG, but already I find it to be one of the best seats I have ridden on in many years (E type + 2x XJ6's included)

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Reading many, many posts on this site shows there is a wealth of help and knowledge here.Problem comes reading about others vehiclefaults, just start to worry. There is good from all this in the fact that there are not many faults AND everyone seems happy with their choice of a Yeti.

I'm counting the weeks till I get my Yeti (and so is the wife counting)

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hi Tick Tock and welcome to the forum.
I have a similar numbers of years behind the wheel as yourself, but in pre retirement days with a company car, I was quite happy just to put on the miles with no regard to costs.
Nowadays, I'm more concerned with dealer service, operating costs and depreciation and I reckon that my Yeti ticks all the right boxes.
There's a wealth of advice in this forum and amply written about by our 'more knowledgeable' members - I've picked up quite a lot from these gurus.
Once again - welome.
Shanco
Edited by: Shanco

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Not long now
, Don't forget that with the car and any other forums many join have a moan about a small problem they have, or a larger problem, then you never see them post again.

If you look at the overall sales of the Yeti or most products the level of problems is low, in 4 1/2 years of yeti ownership (1.2tsi 18 months 110tdi nearly 3years no3 on its way) I have had 2 problems, 1.2 engine management light come on dealer sorted it that day at closing time, ECU update. 110 air con rad split, dealer replaced rad and air con pump as it had lost a little oil, both under warranty no hassle.

That's the thing with waiting you stat to read things and worry
, you will forget the few things you have read when you are driving it

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Now down to 32 days to collect.I understandthere can beproblems with any car but, on this site/forum it's just minor or the odd one or two which is good for any brand or model.
I'm sure the Yeti is and will be a great car for us.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Phoned the dealer/salesman today, on a training day so HOPE to hear tomorrow if I'm still getting the SE+ on Feb 1st.If not, seen another SE (old style with big fogs) in another dealership today in Shark Blue. It's brand new BUT, they want £24K for it.
Both above are 4x4 Tdi DSG, so seems there are a few about still.
They also had2 new F/L Yeti's there as well.
Given the impression that there are a few F/L yeti's around if not bothered to much about spec or colour.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Update; salesman phoned me at 9pm last night with some good news (I hope)Said 'I should be able to collect this week or Saturday' he just has to sort out the paperwork.

·
Registered
163 Posts
paulthepedant said:
Welcome to a great site Tick Tock. Oh boy are you in for a treat after so many Landies (nothing against them at all), each car has it's place, and you will find the yeti turning circle a joy after years of Landies.
This is so true, I just sold my classic Defender and bought a Yeti and can't believe what a tight turning circle it's got. I've only been a car owner for just over 40 years so I'm some way behind you Tick Tock, but (Defenders apart) in terms of practicality and roominess this is the happiest I've been since my first new Austin Maxi back in the day!

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi, good news for me. Signed some paperwork today, to collect MY Yeti next Tues 4th.Seems they kept their word and parked it in their yard since November. They say it's got less than 50 miles on the clock, will find exact miles on Tues.
Have been able to get the deal with 3 years free servicing thrown in.
I suppose I can now count the hours.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Funny how dealers differ - I went into the Sheffield dealer to look at a 6-month old Elegance. Test drove it, but neither myself or SWMBO liked the leather seats. Turns out the dealer had 3 Adventures (2 White and one Silver) in their lot. I got a so-called '2nd hand' Silver Adventure with 8 miles on the clock with 3-years free servicing and a good deal too. After driving 'Snowie' for around a month now, the smile just gets bigger......

I'm sure that you'll find the same, hope you'll enjoy the new addition, and I bet you won;t regret your choice!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi Proftablet. I had a similar situation, I had test drives in a 1.2. Urban and an 110 Elegance at Rainworth Motors both white and was told that their partners Bickerton Sheffield had a white Adventure for sale. Two days later we went to look at it but it wasn't there, we like wise came away with a silver Adventure with 6 miles on the clock and three years servicing. They even delivered it to Rainworth, as I live near to them and I collected it from there. The service I had from both dealers was very good. After 2 months I am well please with it and the SWMBO has come round to liking it and loves to drive it.

StewartEdited by: CSC

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Help! I need a large Brandy.Went to collect MY Yeti on Tuesday but, my car (trade in) broke down on the way there. Towed (Lifted on back of truck) to the land Rover dealer, it seems they've had 26 brake-downs this week and I'm the 27th.
Just beentold that they can't look at mine till later next week.
Talking to the Skoda Dealer, they are VERY helpful and can/will wait for my old car to be repaired to conclude the deal.
It's very nice that the Skoda Dealer is polite and helpful, and put my mind at rest about my purchase.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Bad luck Tick Tock! Why do these things always happen at the most inconvenient time?

I have to admit, I have never wanted/trusted Land Rover vehicles. They just seem unreliable, but I know an awful lot of people love them.

You will get your Yeti soon!!!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts