Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hmmm...

I've been reading this forum a bit. Glad to see enthusiastic owners.
So, I'm in the market for a small-big car. A smaller 4WD or even just 2WD SUV, mainly for the city, but for a larger sized driver. And the Yeti sort of meets the bill. For the price, yeah, it could work.
If I was judging purely on the CAR, I would be happy to buy it.

But...
Australians! You know full well that here the Skoda brand is a bit obscure in this corner of the planet. Many people would not know that they are even selling vehicles here. Is this a problem?
Do you have problems with servicing, repairs, the cost of repairs?
Have any of you tried selling your Yeti and finding no buyers?

·
Registered
760 Posts
gregmcph said:
Hmmm...

I've been reading this forum a bit. Glad to see enthusiastic owners.
So, I'm in the market for a small-big car. A smaller 4WD or even just 2WD SUV, mainly for the city, but for a larger sized driver. And the Yeti sort of meets the bill. For the price, yeah, it could work.
If I was judging purely on the CAR, I would be happy to buy it.

But...
Australians! You know full well that here the Skoda brand is a bit obscure in this corner of the planet. Many people would not know that they are even selling vehicles here. Is this a problem?
Do you have problems with servicing, repairs, the cost of repairs?
Have any of you tried selling your Yeti and finding no buyers?
Hi Greg, my Yeti is still fault free after 16 months. At the end of September my dear wife and I set off from Perth W.A. to visit with friends in Mansfield, Victoria. We travelled the Eyre Peninsula after crossing the Nullarbor. Slightly south of Port Perie we turned inland to Gladstone, then on to Clare and the Barossa. Swan Reach on the Murray was our next port of call, before following the river north to Morgan. We then following the Murray for an overnight stay at Loxton. From there we travelled south to Pinaroo, then east to Ouyen to camp once again just south of Swan Hill. The following day the Yeti headed for Echuca and onto Shepparton for our final leg to Mansfield. On the return journey we stayed overnight ar Mildura and took in the sights of Renmark and Berri the next day. We did venture off road a few times, but would not brag about it, as it was mainly gentle dirt tracks and we encoutered a dust storm and two rain storms, as well as temperatures from 8 degrees to 37 degrees C. The Yeti did not miss a beat.
Do note there are one or two Yetis on this site that have done 100,000miles. You be the judge! But do remember when people bought either Holdens or Fords. Then the word was those Jap cars are okay, but don't buy a Korean car.

Wishing you well.
Banjobach

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Welcome to the forums gregmcph. If you are looking for an unbiased opinion then you may have come to the wrong place
. We are all heavily biased
The Yeti is a good choice for a taller driver as they have head room to spare.
You know full well that here the Skoda brand is a bit obscure in this
corner of the planet. Many people would not know that they are even
selling vehicles here. Is this a problem?

We have Aussie members in SE Queensland, Katherine, Wagga and Adelaide and the Central Coast areas. Being away from big cities are not particularly troublesome for us. There is a nationwide dealer network. You do not have to return to the dealer for servicing etc as it can always be done by a registered Inspection Station. I will get the 2 year service done by the dealer just to get any software updates added. I think it will cost about $350 but I am a bit unsure. A dealers service dept. will be able to tell you for sure if you ring them. Inspection services/oil changes are 1 year/15000km but this will be increased with the new facelifted model.
With a 3 years warranty plus Skoda Assist to help then any problems, even crashes, can be sorted by them. You may pick up a free warranty extension (5 years total) as I did with my vehicle.
My first handbook inspection service plus oil change cost me $55 at the local garage but I supplied the Castrol oil and the Mann (same as OEM) oil filter. Fleabay can be helpful for parts such as wiper blades, filters etc, even OEM ones.
This is my first Yeti so I don't know about second hand value, sorry.
Probably the best idea would be to try out several SUV type vehicles and compare them to see how a Yeti stacks up. I think you might be surprised. You get a lot for your money with a Yeti.
Good luck.

Edited by: plbxr

1 - 3 of 3 Posts