Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
My father in law is wanting to buy a Yeti (diesel) and I, being the family “car guy”, have been asked for guidance. I’ve always relied on forums to get acquainted with a car before buying so I can get advice about what to look out for when viewing potential buys.
So... anyone fancy offering some advice?

·
Administrator
14,381 Posts
Hi Jkay welcome to the forum, here is something to read

·
Premium Member
1,590 Posts
Best to buy a Euro 6 version as no emmision fix to worry about and far less likely to be banned or charged to enter an emission control zone. Around 2014 on from memory.
My 150ps was very nice to drive if you can stretch to that and want a 4wd car

·
Premium Member
5,763 Posts
Best to buy a Euro 6 version as no emmision fix to worry about and far less likely to be banned or charged to enter an emission control zone. Around 2014 on from memory.
1st build date for those was May 2015.

·
Registered
36 Posts
do you really do the miles to justify a diesel?

·
Administrator
4,952 Posts
Welcome Jkay. We are always happy to offer advice ( and help spend other peoples money). The thread The Hood pointed you to in post #2 covers a number of things to look out for and applies to Yetis of any mileage.

Is your father-in-Law buying in Ireland?(your IP address shows up as Irish) The model range there was similar to the rest of Europe and has different names to the UK as Active, Ambition and Elegance.
Here is an old Irish brochure if it's relevant

1 - 6 of 6 Posts