Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, been driving all sorts over the past two weeks to try and decide what to buy next. 99% sure it's going to be a Yeti. I live in SW France and thus there are different models to the UK choices (less) but I think I'll opt for the 1.2 tsi manual 6 speed in Adventure trim (limited run option over here). Seems this is similar to the Se spec but with a few more bits as std.The main question/doubt I have is; is this engine good enough for a car like this?? I'm not going offroad and do about 7 or 8k miles a year. Secondly (yes I have used the search facility!) can anyone confirm that my ipad will talk to the bluetooth in the car so that I can play my music via this method? Last one before I go and order it and wait 12 weeks, are the std headlights ok or should I order the xenons??

Thanks

·
Registered
222 Posts
I, like you, was a little hesitant regarding buying a vehicle with 'only' a 1.2 TSI engine as I have always had vehicles with much larger engines. However, 4 weeks and 1000 miles later I am completely satisfied with my Yeti S 1.2 TSI. It is averaging 40.1 mpg and is not overawed when carrying a full load of 4 plus 2 dogs even in this bad weather.I hope this answers your question and that you will enjoy the benefits of a Yeti.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's just what I needed to hear - thanks :)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Shanko - are you happy with the "normal" lights too?

·
Registered
788 Posts
Hi , I agree with Shanco! People at work were horrified to hear that it only has a 1.2 engine in but it's not a 1.2 as in the old days. Infact it's performance is better than a traditional 1.6

I actually asked this very question on this forum before I ordered my car.

There are times when going up hill that you will have to change down a few gears but once you're on the flat or a motorway it goes along with no issues.

I see the Adventure trim is very similar looking to my Urban, also a limited edition in the UK. The wheels, side trim and roofbars are all the same.

Sorry - can't help with the iPad or headlight questions though.

Regards,

Stephen

Edited by: discosteve

·
Registered
37 Posts
For Bluetooth you need the right radio and steering wheel conversion. The specs will have changed since I bought mine but only the Elegance had the option.I live in a very rural part of Wales and I have replaced the headlamp bulbs with Osram Night Breaker bulbs. I will not have xenon as I do not like being dazzled (or dazzling) by other drivers. This my opinion and will be criticised by others - but I find the new bulbs very adequate for driving in dark country lanes.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hi Seph,
Lights give enough illumination for me although most of my driving is either on motorways or in urban areas with street lighting.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Replaced my headlamp bulbs with Osram Night Breakers as well the standard bulbs where toyellowish for my liking, the Osrams N B give good white crisp light and a little more distance and much cheaper than the xenons as a option and to replace the bulbs.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all; will go and finalise the deal tomorrow, 1.2 it is - will try to do a deal on adding xenons if not will fit night breakers. Will post the spec when finalised; 3 months wait!.......

·
Registered
77 Posts
Go for the Osram or Philips version, Night Breaker / Extreme etc. Both makes are good so whichever is available to you. I used to do a lot of country lane driving where no street lighting exists and that little extra clarity that these provide was worth it. I went for Philips Extreme and was very happy with them.

If you ask nicely they will probably fit the bulbs for free if you provide them prior to collection. A good bit of pr for the garage.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Car ordered - will post another thread re the spec. Now have to wait 3 months to sample the delights

1 - 11 of 11 Posts