Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening all,

Allow me to introduce myself. I'm a die hard Land Rover fan, have been for many years and will continue to be but.........

My current TD5 Discovery failed its MOT on rust, spent yesterday welding it up and its reached the point in its life where the expensive things are starting to go wrong!. Was looking to get a Discovery 3 but way too expensive to get a decent one. So i find myself looking at Skoda Yetis online. From what i've seen so far i'm impressed. Most of my driving is done in the works van, so the Yeti would be used for weekends away and gentle green laning. Are there any known problems with the Yetis?.

Turnstile

·
Administrator
14,185 Posts
Hi and welcome to the site, the Yeti is a very capable car but it is a softroader rather than an off roader.
A friend at work green lanes and has managed to wreck a discovery and has just dissabled its replacement which I class asa proper Landrover. Graham is probably best qualified to give you an authoritive answer about green laning
Once again welcome to the forum

·
Premium Member
5,065 Posts
Who mentioned me?

Yes you can green lane a Yeti, but not "adventurously". The Yeti is probably as capable as the Freelander 1, especially if the rough package is fitted, as this gives you a sump guard and a few other bits of protection. If buying new you also have the option of the "off-road" button which gives various clever bits and pieces of mostly braking alterations that includes Hill Descent Control. I don't have either and go off-road fairly regularly, mostly on forestry tracks, as I do rally radio, and have never had a problem. Like the FL the biggest problem is lack of ground clearance compared to your Disco, but with careful route planning and ground reading a Yeti is surprisingly capable.

Oh, and you can get fuel consumption in the upper 40's very easily!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hello to you my friend, I too am an ex Landrover owner, ex Volvo XC and Ex X-trail I can confirm that you will not be disappointed with the choice of a 4x4 yeti. Mine is SE Plus 4x4 170ps, I am so please with the Yeti so far, recommend you pay a little extra for the Hill hold control and Heated front screen and even if you are considering real off road , go for the Off Road Package for that little extra bit of protection. Good luck with your choices , just be prepared for a 3 month wait, all worth it in the end though .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts