Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody! Just discovered the Yeti owners forum so thought that I would join and introduce myself.

I am the proud owner of a Yeti Elegance 1.6TDI Elegance 63reg that I took possession of on a beautiful sunny Sunday nearly two months ago, the 1st Sept. The day matched the car!

Three years ago, I traded down from an Audi A4 Estate, buying a 1.6TDI Fabia Estate. I had been very happy with my Audi but my Fabia proved to be OK - just that, OK. A very good car, nice drive, decent fuel consumption, no problems but just OK! Driving in it was not the pleasure that my Audi had been.

In April this year, we decided that we would change it for a brand-new Skoda that September. We had initially thought that we would move up to the Octavia as it would be closest to the A4 that we had had before. We were not even considering the Yeti!

A test drive in an Octavia brought us back to the showroom where my wife called me over to look inside the open doors of a Yeti. I was still not particularly enamoured by it but the salesman commented that he had one outside, just back from a customer test-drive. Why don`t we take it out? OK.

We piled in and within a mile or so I had a new love! My heart was captivated! This was it! Our new car! I had to have one!

Such a long wait from April, when we placed the order to the 1st September collection. I was like a little kid longing for Christmas to happen! But then the big day dawned. Paperwork out of the way, we clambered in and drove off, just a little 100 mile jaunt to savour the newness of it all even though home was 15 miles away.

The Yeti has rekindled my love of driving. It is a brilliant car, excelling in so many ways. I could write pages and pages about all the ways and things that I love about the Yeti but that would be preaching to the converted, wouldn`t it?

·
Registered
368 Posts
Preach away - we never tire of reading about peoples love of their Yeti's.Welcome to the fold and enjoy this excellent forum and resource.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Welcome bwan...
Glad that you took the time to write down your thoughts. As you will find out, your enthusiasm and sheer love of owning and driving a YETI is shared with a large number of folk on this forum - even after in some cases years ownership!
YETI owners helped me chose my model/spec - I only ordered mine 10 Oct 2013! So I will be sustained through the dark (& frustrating!) days of waiting, by this forum! This is the first car that both SWMBO & I have both get so enthusiastic about. Keep enjoying your YETI.

Edited by: JOOKS

·
Registered
93 Posts
Welcome - apologies for the language but; good innit!!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Yep, welcome Bwan...
I'm amazed by the number of folks who keep telling me its such a great car - and they haven't even been in one, let alone driven one!

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Welcome to the forums bwanamdevu. Like you the Yeti was not first in my mind when I went to the showroom as I thought an Octavia or possibly a Superb would be more appropriate. It was suggested by the salesman that a Yeti may be a more suitable vehicle so we test drove one. That also closed the deal for us. Enjoy your Yeti

1 - 9 of 9 Posts