Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please show me the low pressure censor location in my yeti 2ltr 2013 4x4 Please 馃檹

Registered
Hi,

Do you have the ref number of the sensor e.g. -G81-, -G247- etc?

I'm peering in the workshop manuals, but haven't found a pressure sensor on the low pressure lines - yet :)

Spag

Premium Member
What is the problem with low fuel pressure and where is it showing up?

Registered
Are you seeing diagnostic info to suggest a problem with a low pressure sensor, or a problem with low fuel pressure ?

The only actual pressure sensor is the -G247- on one the end of the fuel rail, with the regulator on the other -N276-.

Spag

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for reply I鈥檓 getting flashing glow plug and a code p0087 is the only one coming up (cheap OBD 11 )

Registered
From the diagram I posted, a low pressure reading could be due to 1, 2, 3 or 5. (Or a leak, but you would probably spot the fountain/puddle !)

I'd say get a full diagnostic from a friendly VAG independent, or someone with VCDS to see if there's any more info to narrow down the problem.

Hopefully it's cheap and sensor related, not a pump problem.

Cheers

Spag

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks hopefully not the pump the car is high mileage 205638 I do all my own service regular every six months oil and all filters as it鈥檚 also my work car

Premium Member
That's not on the low pressure side, it's on the high pressure rail.
Correct.
P0087 is a low reading on the high pressure common fuel rail. Not a reading from the low pressure side of the fuel delivery system. The pressure sensor being item No 3 in the schematic diagram that Spagley posted in #7. Sits at the right end of the fuel rail (car鈥檚 right - or your left as you stand in front of the car looking in at the engine). The fuel rail itself sits on top of the cylinder head. Easily accessible when the plastic top cover is removed.

Cause of the low reading may be either a bad signal from the sensor, or actual low pressure from the pump? To name the first two possibilities.

Does the engine still run and produce power OK, despite the lights?

First action would be to clear the fault then see if it comes back when you restart the engine. To discover if the fault code is repeatable. Does your code reader also allow you to remove codes? Some do. Even some of the cheapo under 拢10 units. (My code reader also clears for example. But only engine ECU codes. Body systems or braking system ECU codes have to clear themselves in my case).

[P.S. 206,000 would be only moderately high / average achievable mileage in my world. :) Over 500,000 would be 鈥渉igh鈥 mileage. But then, I am slightly 鈥渙dd鈥 - as most of the regulars in here would testify. :rolleyes:(y)]

Registered
Discussion Starter #14
It responds when I delete the code as nothing has happened through all gears but when I ease of the power then reapply it comes back on and limp mode I鈥檝e checked fuel line under the plastic cover that鈥檚 ok going to remove near side front wheel and cover to see where the pipes out from and check to see if there鈥檚 a inline filter thanks for replying

Premium Member
No inline fuel filter. Just the main filter inside the cylindrical black housing on the front right of the engine bay, adjacent to the screen washer bottle filler neck.

In any case though, that is all in the low pressure side of the fuel delivery system. Upstream from or before the main, high pressure fuel pump. The code you quote indicates the problem is downstream, in the high pressure side of the system.

I would agree though, the sensor itself is likely the cheaper option of the first two options (sensor or pump) to replace. Although no guarantee the cause is not low output from the pump and the sensor is perfectly fine.

P.S. we鈥檙e talking about the sensor above. Item 3 in the schematic. The Control Valve that 鈥渞egulates鈥 (using the word in the thread title) the fuel pressure in the rail, is at the opposite end. Item 5 in the schematic. That could also cause the same error, if opening to release pressure too early.

Registered
Just a thought, if you have a cheapy OBDII bluetoothy thing, then the Torque app may allow you to watch the rail pressure in real time, which may show another bit of the puzzle ?

Spag

1 - 16 of 16 Posts