Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
I have joined this forum because I intend to buy 2017 yeti petrol DSG auto when I can find one at the right price.
What should I expect to find in the boot so I will know if anything is missing please.

Any other advice welcome.

Colin

·
Administrator
5,031 Posts
Welcome to the forum CFC :)

Good luck with the search.
In the boot:
Spare wheel was an optional extra so likely as not you will find that the Yeti has not got one but has a compressor and tin of tyre sealant (commonly known as gunk) As well as that should be a tool kit which contains all or some of the items in this link.

No warning triangle, no first aid kit as in some other marques. However the boot light on right hand side is a removable torch.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both!
Yes should have said, West Somerset.
Bought a Ford from Winchester some time ago, drove home and next morning found oil on floor beneath engine. Back to Winchester again to get it fixed so will be looking more locallly!

·
Administrator
14,595 Posts
Hopefully Winchester Motors have improved, when I was after a Yeti I walked into their Aldershot Branch, cash customer no part exchange and they were not interested.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hopefully Winchester Motors have improved, when I was after a Yeti I walked into their Aldershot Branch, cash customer no part exchange and they were not interested.
Yes, strange how dealerships vary so much. Have to say that in the process of fixing the oil leak they found something else that needed replacing but had to order it in. So another trip to Winchester but it was all good in the end, had that car some time.
However, we enjoyed the area at least!

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Shame on Winchester Motors! I agree the Aldershot operation (Garland) is an unknown to me, but a chum of mine (Yeti and Karoq buyer) rates them highly. We bought SWMBO Citigo from Winchester operation and was mightily impressed with customer care and attention. I bought Dolly from Marshalls in Oxford and they were awful on all fronts.

·
Premium Member
5,813 Posts
cash customer no part exchange and they were not interested.
No surprises there! Car dealer sales staff make no commission from cash customers. Even the dealership business makes more profit from the finance deal than from the actual sale of the car. Hence the strategy exemplified by Bryetian works the best. (Says he who hasn’t bought a car of my own from a franchised dealer for nearly 20 years :rolleyes:. Apart from the FIAT. But that experience wasn’t too great when it needed some glitches fixed.)

·
Administrator
14,595 Posts
Rainworth Skoda were the exact opposite, they stack them high and sell them cheap. Their walls were covered in Dealer of the Year certificates from Skoda. They did everything they said they would and when they said they would do it. They offered to trailer deliver the car FOC and when I said I would come up and get it they offered to pick me up at the station.

A huge discount and customer service others should aspire to. If you are still the sales manager Jeremy, give yourself a pat on the back. You will not hear praise like that from me very often.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have bought a Yeti! So far very pleased with it.
It is over three years old so has a few minor blemishes on paint work (business grey I think)
Imagine my disbelief when walking around the front passenger side to see a large piece of paint missing just above the little oblong cap below the headlamp. I was certain that I had not missed this on my initial inspection before purchase.
As I discovered, and you will all know, this is where the washer for the headlamp pops out. I guess the washers had not been used for some while, waiting to be sold, and it must have been stuck to the main bumper with dirt.
I gently pulled the cap out and the peeled off pice of paint was still stuck to the cap and was folded inside of it!!
Anyone else had this happen?

·
Premium Member
4,206 Posts
Flintstone 'Car dealer sales staff make no commission from cash customers.'
I don't understand why. Minimal paperwork for the dealer, a quick sale and I thought there was about 20% margin to enable them to reduce the price if the customer haggles. I assumed modern dealerships paid salaries rather than a basic plus commission, with maybe an annual shared bonus if there has been a good year. At my dealer, I have a salesman I always see, but other sales people have helped me with queries, including a test drive when I wanted to try a Skoda with DSG. (I drove about 200 yards and was hooked!)

·
Premium Member
5,813 Posts
Different dealers have different incentive regimes. So these things do differ, particularly in the smaller, family owned and run dealerships. Among the bigger chain dealers however, the annual salaries paid by the dealership are minimal. Sales Executives, a.k.a. Sales men and women to you and me, are however allowed to top up their salaries via side deals with the company or companies who supply the finance deals to customers. In that scenario, the arrangement is direct between the finance company and the customer, brokered by the individual sales person. Not the dealership. So it is the sales person who receives the commission, call it a kick back if you like, direct from the finance provider. That does not go via the dealership.

In other words, the sales person has two, separate, sources of income. One from the dealership for selling cars. Often a flat rate (but low) salary. Sometimes with monthly sales bonus if targets are hit. The second from the finance company for selling finance. Also with monthly bonuses for exceeding targets. In most cases the dealership will also receive an incentive payment from the finance company for permitting and promoting that particular finance company to sell its products on top of the dealer’s cars. In other cases the the dealer will be obliged to permit and promote a specific finance company as a condition of taking on the franchise. E.G. Ford car dealers would often be required to promote and allow only "Ford Finance" to be the sole finance provider on site.

That’s why many owners report in here along the lines of “I offered to pay cash but the dealer wasn’t interested” (meaning the sales person in most cases, not the dealer principal). No finance deal means no bonuses for anyone from the finance company. Sales Exec or dealer.

It also explains why Bryetian’s clever way of arranging the purchase works. Take the finance deal initially, along with all the servicing incentives that go with it. Then pay off the finance company soon after, directly. To avoid interest accumulation. Keep the incentives. It matters not to the dealer or the sales person, as they have already “earned” their kick backs for signing you to the deal. The only one in the chain who loses out is the finance company. The finance company make far greater profits percentage wise than the dealership or manufacturer. So they can take the hit. (Not unlike the fact Sainsbury's Bank make far greater profits selling pet insurance and credit cards than the grocery store does. Explains why the "confetti" you get inundated with at the till is more likely to promote banking products than foodstuffs).

Worst of all from the dealer's perspective is paying by credit card. That means the dealer has to pay the card issuer's charge. Usually around 2-3% depending on issuer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts