Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so a week into ownership and we're loving the new (to us) yeti. Determined to get it fully cleaned and sealed this weekend if the weather cools a little.

Hit our first snag this week. Randomly when starting the car the radio comes on when requested but no sound. we can tune between stations but no sound. It's not on mute and adjusting the volume control shows the green indicator moving up and down. Just no noise. Drive for a few minutes, engine off and on again and all is good.

Does this maybe 50% of the time but I'll bet my A$$ it woudl be perfect if I took it back to the dealer!

Any thoughts welcome!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
To add. Just noticed this only effects the radio. Playing from USN or SD card works fine. Switch over to FM and half the time it’s mute.

·
Registered
47 Posts
My first thought would be a poor aerial connection somewhere.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the suggestions guys. Rear parking sensors appear to be working fine. Aerial connection is a possibility I spose but when it works the signal is strong and stable. Any easy way to test this or connections to check without reverting to the dealer?

Many thanks.

·
Administrator
15,576 Posts
I had a problem with my radio a few years ago but the parking sensors played up as well. I disconnected the battery (easier than messing around finding the right fuse) and reconnected it a minute later, that forced the radio to carry out a power on self-test (POST) which cleared the fault and it has not come back. The radio code is stored in the ecu so all I had to do was reset the clock. There were a few warning lights that lit up but they all went out after a few yards. It cost nothing and fixed the problem so worth a try.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts