Yeti Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

for several weeks I’ve been getting a cycling on signal strength for radio (all stations)

the battery is new so shouldn’t be that.

is there any way I can test and/or replace the aerial? It’s one of the rubber stubs on the roof.

alternatively, has anyone installed DAB?

rob

·
Premium Member
2017 Outdoor SEL TDi150 4x4 Manual
8,128 Posts
DAB comes as standard at higher trim levels and radio complexity on later models. From exactly what date I am not sure. What year and exact model is your Yeti? (The experts in here would be able to tell you what your car had as OE from that). Alternatively, what radio / ICE system does it have, from Bolero, Amundsen, Amundsen+, Columbus or aftermarket, etc.?

Is the "rubber stub" just some 3-4cm or so high? If so, could it have lost the extra 20cm of aerial that screws into the rubber base/stub on the roof? Usual culprit for such a loss is a rotating brush type of car wash. If in doubt, perhaps a photo of the "stub" might enable someone to confirm? I recall reading in another thread some while ago, that the DAB aerial may well be in the base part? Not sure if that works if the extra 20cm is missing though?

·
Registered
1.2tsi 2014 dsg grey
92 Posts
Hi,

for several weeks I’ve been getting a cycling on signal strength for radio (all stations)

the battery is new so shouldn’t be that.

is there any way I can test and/or replace the aerial? It’s one of the rubber stubs on the roof.

alternatively, has anyone installed DAB?

rob
done a dab aerial like any new one its a full strip out down the side of the car i used this one a couple of times https://www.amazon.co.uk/Eightwood-...qid=1655974245&sprefix=car+dab,aps,148&sr=8-3 and it works well , you may need a different version depening on what head unit you are using & dont forget it will need a 12v `( blue wire ) to power the amplifier

Reactions: The Hood
1 - 3 of 3 Posts