Yeti Owners Club banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
450 Posts
I've just tested my battery at rest and it is reading 12.1v so does look like a replacement is definitely required.
Not definitely required, but that would certainly be the quickest option.
A couple of long journeys won't touch a neglected battery, but I have rescued them by a long slow charge from a dumb battery charger.

"Long" means long ... I have seen batteries that take a week of slow charging to recover.
"Dumb" means not one of the smart chargers you get these days ... they switch off when they think they're done, unless they have been specifically designed to revive patients that are on their death bed.

It's worth a try if you have an old charger, and if you have the patience!!
 

·
Registered
2015 Yeti Outdoor SE 1.2TSi DSG, Jungle Green
Joined
·
4 Posts
I've replaced my battery - tested the old one again before changing and it had gone down to 12.05v overnight.

No improvement to the radio screen, but have found a possible fix - it seems you can buy the touchscreen digitizer for about £20-25.

Cheaper than an aftermarket radio for £250+
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
5,707 Posts
Be interested to see if that option fixes the problem so please leave us an update. There has been a bit of a spate of Skoda head unit issues over the last few months and unresponsive touch screens have been amongst them so a fix that works would be of benefit to others.
 

·
Registered
2015 Yeti Outdoor SE 1.2TSi DSG, Jungle Green
Joined
·
4 Posts
I took the radio out yesterday to check the part number of the screen unit and have ordered a replacement digitizer from China - will of course provide an update once it has arrived and been installed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Hi, My radio and touch screen refuse to respond in the recent hot weather the radio played what ever was tuned in and the volume control worked on the steering wheel and facia. . As soon as the temp dropped all OK. No idea what went wrong. It had been raining and I unscrewed the aerial and put some grease around it but made sure it was electrically connected that made no difference.
Has been fine these last few weeks all working.
 
21 - 26 of 26 Posts
Top