Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2012 (62 plate) 1.6 diesel greenline
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a Yeti Greenline 1.6 Diesel and I am very happy with it except for the radio.

The Radio, according to the manual, is a Bolero. It works fine but it doesn't have Sat/Nav or Bluetooth.

I would like to replace it with a unit that does have Sat Nav and Bluetooth.

I have trawled the internet and there are 100's of different units varying from £150 to £1000 so can anyone recommend a particular unit that I can purchase in UK.

Thank you in advance Ron.

·
Administrator
5,506 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
As you say there are lots of options and easy to spend pounds lots. You could look for a second hand VAG RNS315 (Amundsen+) as it will fit easily and give you the functions you want.
Expect some comments from those who prefer a stand alone Sat Nav such as Garmin or TomTom or you could go for a head unit that offers SmartLink so you can use Google or Apple maps which some prefer.

·
Registered
2012 (62 plate) 1.6 diesel greenline
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for replying. Buying a second hand Amundsen+ would be a good idea and I will seriously consider this.

I am expecting comments from stand alone sat nav's but it is the bluetooth option that is more important to me than the sat nav. If you were popping down the road to visit supermarket you wouldn't have sat nav on. I have a stand alone sat nav with bluetooth built in so if I dont get any recommendations I might just get a bluetooth setup for the car.

·
Registered
1.2tsi 2014 grey
52 Posts
Thanks for replying. Buying a second hand Amundsen+ would be a good idea and I will seriously consider this.

I am expecting comments from stand alone sat nav's but it is the bluetooth option that is more important to me than the sat nav. If you were popping down the road to visit supermarket you wouldn't have sat nav on. I have a stand alone sat nav with bluetooth built in so if I dont get any recommendations I might just get a bluetooth setup for the car.
i went for a pioneer 230 dab , mainly as using the usb cable it does not use bluetooth at all and a bigger screen no need for nav i use either apple maps or waze they are both update with realtime traffic mobile cameras etc i hope this is a link to what i did double din head unit instal even if i cant spell install !

mm

·
Registered
353 Posts
My system has Bluetooth for the phone but not for streaming music from my phone. I use Google maps on my phone for satnav.
Being a cheapskate I invested in one of these:
Sits plugged in the centre console AUX. I have disabled the Bluetooth phone option in it preferring the built in Skoda one. Works seamlessly for streaming music and switches to phone when needed. Possibly the best couple of quid I have spent in a long time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts