Yeti Owners Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2011 1.2tsi S
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. My left rear bump stop has bitten the dust so will need replacing before MOT at the end of next month. Seems like a simple enough task (I changed the shocks on my old Astra fairly easily). While I have the shock absorber out for that, I was thinking I might as well put new shock absorbers on at the back. I'm not going to attempt the springs or anything but is there anything else that it might be a good idea to change out while I do those jobs? And am I correct in thinking that the OEM supplier was Sachs and they're good enough to stick with? There's just under 82k on the clock.

Ta!

·
Premium Member
Yeti S+ 2010 2.0TDi CFHA 110 2WD Manual
7,242 Posts
The dampers have to come off to change the bump stops. So if you have concerns about the dampers then makes sense to swap those too.

I feel the need for the long awaited "How to", blow by blow description of this job coming on urgently? I actually did this swap a year and a half ago, but still have not completed the write-up. I think I still have the photos? Can't find them just now though?? :rolleyes:

Yup - fairly straightforward job. But there may be one or two tips that could save you some time pondering?

The yellow bump stops are definitely Sachs. I believe from the stamps and part nos on the dampers themselves that they supplied the Czech assembly line too.

The black plastic shrouds that keep mud off the top area of the dampers, particularly the piston rod, are available separately. The kit for the pair of bump stops that I bought came with a new pair of shrouds included though. That was a good call, as the old shrouds that came off were brittle and could break easily.

More later - when I find the pics library....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts