Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After the success of self installing my fog light surrounds on the weekend, I am keen to further 'pimp ma ride' !

Has anyone purchased a rear bumper protective panel from Superskoda? I would like one of the three silver strips, but there are 20 euros difference in price between the cheapest and dearest???? Does anyone know what the difference between them is, other than the price point?

Thanks in advance for any advice...

Suzz

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Oh suzz, we are going to have to stop meeting like this or people will talk!!!!

Yes, i have bought one of these. I just bought the cheapest black plastic one. It works OK but are pricey for just a bit of plastic. As I was attaching it I noticed that there were some surface scratches in the bumper already (from shopping bags), so it should be doing its job now. You may need some double-sided tape or the magic Sikaflex to attach. Clean the bumper thoroughly then line it up and press down. Some weights pressing down on top of the strip for a short while won't hurt either. The one I bought blends in well and looks like it is part of the bumper itself. This avoids vandals trying to lift it off, but the bling factor of a silver one may appeal to you.
I also bought the ?expedition strip thingey to go along the bottom of the boot door to stop the door banging some low objects and cupboards when opening inside the garage.

Edited by: plbxr

·
Registered
93 Posts
I bought the silver oem Skoda one from Superskoda, same finish and colour match to the other silver bits on the car and great quality. Do not rely on double sided tape to fix it - use Tiger seal or equivalent or it will eventually come off ( I put mine on originally with the included dst and after two weeks it was beginning to lift - and yes, the bumper was cleaned and prepared properly first).

·
Premium Member
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both for the valuable advice. I probably will go for the bling because I like everything to match
this time I will be far better prepared for the challenge that is Sikaflex 227!
Thanks again plbxr and Steph.
Suzz

·
Administrator
13,116 Posts

·
Administrator
4,447 Posts
Like Plxbr I had the problem of the rear hatch door hitting the open up and over garage door when I opened the boot whilst the Yeti was in his nest. I used 22mmpipe insulation fixed to the metal doorcross strutson the garage door and it works a treat. Think it was another Hood suggestion!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts