Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just purchased some black 4mmpolypropylenesheet to extend my rear mud flaps by 3". A very easy job to do, just remove the mud flaps, use them as a template then extend by your desired length mark the 3 holes and screw back in place with your original mud flaps. Polypropylene sheet cost £11.70 (50cm x 25cm x 2).

·
Premium Member
5,235 Posts
Yes very. You just need to get the correct Torx bit, which are cheaper enough.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was tempted to DIY, but contacted my local garage, not main dealer and have been quoted £106 for from and rear Skoda Mudflaps fitted. Booked in for next week without the hassle.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I paid £12.00 for somepolypropylenesheet and fitted them myself, easy peasy, mine are now 3" longer and keep the rear window clear, shame your not nearer or I would have done it for you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
£106? I was quoted £80 and thought better of it. Having checked the flaps on another yeti they look easy.
Should be able to fit 4 flaps a sill protectors for less than £80.

·
Premium Member
5,235 Posts
I think it took me less than 20 minutes to fit the front ones, and the back look about the same! So 40 mins labour.

·
Registered
290 Posts
The Hood said:
Try not to kick yourself too hard when you see how easy they would have been to fit!
After reading this post and fed up with the dirt thrown up by the tyres, I decided to get some flaps.
Easy Peasy, just had a little struggle with the steel expander clips on rear ones.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Ingram Skoda Ayr "where i got my new black 2lt urban" doing a deal on 4 flaps fitted with 4 rubber footwell mats and a fitted rubber boot mat for £118.add the cost of all these parts separate then the fitting of the flaps, seems like a good deal and the flaps are a good edition both in looks and practicality .

·
Registered
730 Posts
Does anyone know the address of the supplier in Eire for mudflaps & an idea on price would be usefull

·
Premium Member
5,235 Posts
paulthepedant said:
Does anyone know the address of the supplier in Eire for mudflaps & an idea on price would be usefull
If you mean the proper ones, then any dealer.
If you mean the DIY extensions, then go to any of the Rally Parts sellers and look for their mud flap material, as that is 4mm polyp.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Just managed to find the one I was looking for [email protected] They supply the genuine Skoda parts (front & rear plus delivery 48 euros - delivered) the dearest part was the 20 euros delivery - still far cheaper than Skoda agents quoted me. Hers hoping they arrive ok!!

·
Registered
788 Posts
Gosh!
You could build yourself a new Yeti with all the parts those guys sell. Makes me think of that Johnny Cash track, One Piece At A Time...!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Tech-Yeti said:
The Hood said:
Try not to kick yourself too hard when you see how easy they would have been to fit!
After reading this post and fed up with the dirt thrown up by the tyres, I decided to get some flaps.
Easy Peasy, just had a little struggle with the steel expander clips on rear ones.
Fitted front and rear set at the week end, very easy except for the clips - I eased my clips open a little as the "barbs" were touching and they have to go either side of two thicknesses of plastic = about 4mm. I did manage to get a bit of skin caught between the barbs as I was opening the first one out,I was more careful with the second

1 - 20 of 29 Posts