Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other topic regarding the Rear Screen Washer is about the failure of the actual Motor so I thought my own problem warrants a separate topic.
My problem is no water coming from the washer nozzle. The Wiper operates fine. Front screen washers works fine. I have tried carefully poking with a pin into the nozzle to no effect. Any idea's folks ?. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
In another vehicle, I have had trouble with very small bits of plastic debri blocking the water line where it slips over the back of the nozzle. The way I fixed it was to disconnect the nozzle from the plastic water line and operate the pump to blow out the line. Then reconnect the line to the nozzle again.
If you don't get water coming through with the nozzle unplugged, then obviously your problem is bigger than a simple blockage.

Edited by: plbxr

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Problem solved. It wasn't a blocked jet after all. With some help from a friend who operated the rear wash from the drivers seat I could see that the water jet was actually squirting downwards and not "up" onto the screen. Just how this has happened I don't know but withcareful use of small pliers I have turned the jet holder 180 degrees so that the jet points upwards again. Anyone else had this happen ?.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I've not had that happen but on a previous car the rear jet and its feed pipe became blocked with what looked like jelly. I assume it was some thing to do with the screen wash degrading. Disconnecting the pipe from the nozzle and running the washer for a while cleared the blockage.

Keith

1 - 4 of 4 Posts