Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Received new yeti 9 th Jan, still waiting for new wiper motor ??? Anyone else had problem with rear wiper doing its own thing !

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hi Disco, have looked in the programs to stop it from being fully auto, did your discovery spend more time in the garage, my did, I spent 1000 quid on it and then found out it needed 2000 spending on welding on the bodywork, I got 400 for it scrap, but it was good off road.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My problem is not a noisy wiper motor, mine is a non working motor, at least not all the time. My dealer has 7 vehicles awaiting wiper motors. Yeti and Octavia

·
Registered
51 Posts
When I first used the wipers on my new 112 DSG (Australian spec) found them to be noisy when dragging across the glass. As I thought after giving the Yeti a good wash, especially the glass areas, the wiper blades are much quieter. I expect that during pre delivery the glass gets 'cleaned' with some very unclean cloths etc..I noticed at another dealer during pre delivery on a friend's new Yeti the person doing the work used spray polish on the paintwork and the glass areas, no doubt to make it all look sparkling! Overall, just loving my Yeti......still rare on Aussie roads. Edited by: Aussiejim

·
Registered
149 Posts
Thanks for your advise regarding noisey rear blade.We live in Adelaide and it only gets a very small amount of rain.Have cleaned glass with window cleaner & it has not seemed to fixed noise.
We have only spotted three yeti's in Adelaide so far.We are very very happy with our 2 lt t d I so far.
One small problems I have noticed so far is front wipers move or jump when car is turned off ?

·
Administrator
13,059 Posts
PUG said:
One small problems I have noticed so far is front wipers move or jump when car is turned off ?

Hi
That is not a problem. If a wiper parks in the same position every time, it becomes bent over and will shudder as it sweeps the windscreen. What you have noticed is the wiper changing its parking position to avoid being bent over and prolonging it working life.

·
Registered
149 Posts
THANKS IT JUSTED SEEM WEIRD EVERY TIMES THE CAR IS SWITCH OFF.We have had six new cars over the pasted twenty years and I do fine it very strange.How ever if all other yeti's are doing it well that's that.

·
Registered
51 Posts
From experience cleaning a lot of glass over the years I keep away from glass cleaners as many can leave residue or a patchy film on the surface. I prefer to use a good quality car wash. Like you PUG we have not seen much rain lately in Melbourne and only heard the noisy wipers once we had some showers.. Since cleaning the windows the wipers are working as I would expect. In an emergency I have always found that a bit of good old (warning....perhaps look away now ) human spit on the outside of the windscreen can break down grease buildup.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Recommend you report it to Skoda customer service as they are offering some form of compensation for wiper motor problems . I have been waiting since Jan for a new motor

·
Registered
28 Posts
PUG said:

Another trick if you haven't come across it yet: if the front wiper switch is operated immediately after turning off the ignition the front wipers will park vertically. I think it's meant to make wiper blade replacement easier.

Regards, Lee.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Now 5 weeks and still no new rear wiper motor in stock. According to skoda customer service the failed motors were allowing water in which upon freezing damaged contacts. Hoping to get some recompense for the delay but CS only said i will be so pleased with my newly designed reliable motor.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts