Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2016 yeti cr110 business has developed the stop mid stroke rear wiper problem. I've read other posts to find that this would have been fixed under warranty due to a poor batch of motors in 16.
Sadly I'm out of warranty.
I've obtained a new motor from Autodoc but I have a couple of questions before I tackle the problem.
  • Is the rear panel held on with clips? As I can only see one screw hole near the door close pull strap
  • Are there any things I need to be aware of taking the wiper arm off?
  • Is it bolts or torx holding the motor in place (shopping trip if torx)
I'm sure someone here has already attempted this before
Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,185 Posts
But as it's a known problem it may have been fixed out of warranty.

If Torx it could be the one in the kit in the boot will fit.

·
Registered
699 Posts
The parts list is usually helpful to see how things fit together. It says hex head bolts too. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
OK, as I'm stuck at home I thought lets get this motor swapped......I'm stuck
looking at The Hoods pdf it says I need a disassembly wedge.

I've ordered a wedge from Amazon
I'm frightened of damaging the panel or the paintwork so I'm wondering just how much force is needed to disengage the clips
screws or Dzus fasteners would have so much easier
any help is appreciated

·
Registered
699 Posts
I had a go at removing the trim panel as part of this thread: Tailgate wipers 2010 Tsi 1.2
I used trim panel tools that I bought from ebay and one of them is shown in my pictures in the thread. Firm but not unreasonable force is required.

·
Administrator
13,046 Posts
The pdf is a Skoda guide so they use tools that an owner might not own (or need).

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'm wondering just how much force is needed to disengage the clips
Firm but not unreasonable force is required.
First time, I found I had to use 'Are you sure it's not just going to snap the plastic panel?' kind of force, and yes that was with the dangler screw removed!

With a slow pull if feels way too much effort is needed, but with a sharp tug the clips pop out of the metalwork quite easily. Beware though, some will try to make a bid for their freedom across the garage floor...

Spag

1 - 11 of 11 Posts