Yeti Owners Club banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the reversing grid pattern on my display unit but what I miss with my 2ltr DSG 2014 Yeti is a rear-view camera. Are they available as an extra?

·
Administrator
6,153 Posts
Various kits are available usually replacing the number plate light with a unit containing the camera. Here is one such kit but not tried it so have no recommendation for this particular one.

·
Administrator
6,153 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have just purchased a Dallux DLWC03 kit. Available from Amazon £88.99. Digital wireless, the monitor is 5" and the image is excellent.
I am now waiting for my local Auto Leccy chap to fit it for me. I will take pics and try to post on here.

I would ordinarily fit it myself without batting an eye but my medical situation makes it difficult. I am currently have chemo therapy after cancer surgery in February so I am very up and down at the moment.
8 days ago I was rushed to hospital in severe pain, the cause of which was a pulmonary embolism so I am now on daily blood thinner injections (self) for 3 months. Now of course I have to avoid sharp things and grazed knuckles hence Auto Leccy.

L.

·
Premium Member
2017 Outdoor SEL TDi150 4x4 Manual
8,128 Posts
I would ordinarily fit it myself without batting an eye but my medical situation makes it difficult. I am currently have chemo therapy after cancer surgery in February so I am very up and down at the moment. 8 days ago I was rushed to hospital in severe pain, the cause of which was a pulmonary embolism so I am now on daily blood thinner injections (self) for 3 months. Now of course I have to avoid sharp things and grazed knuckles hence Auto Leccy.
Very best for an improvement in the condition there Lionel. I’m following you along a not dissimilar path, having been diagnosed with a cholangiocarcinoma (tumour in the liver and bile ducts) in February. Four rounds of preparatory surgery so far. Two of which resulted in severe abdominal sepsis a week or so later. Currently have 5/8ths of my liver blocked off with superglue (“Portal Vein Embolisation”), to encourage the remaining 3/8ths to grow enough to be adequate, ready for the removal of the 5/8ths sometime soon. Hopefully taking Tommy Tumour away with it. Was due for a further CT scan yesterday, to check progress, but that was cancelled at 24hours notice due to an equipment failure.

Those anti-blood clotting injections (“Heparin” in my case) are little buxxers in themselves though. I liken them to a bee sting every time. Proper kudos for being able to administer those yourself.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You have one **** of a medical situation going there Flintstone, I can't even pronounce the word. Thanks for your kind words and obviously I hope you have a very satisfactory outcome.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Notwithstanding unpronounceable medical ailments (!) I fitted my own reversing sensors and camera using a relatively cheap kit from Amazon.

Being a base peasant model I had no dash screen to utilise. Pardon the Spanish site and no pun intended, you get the picture!

https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B07C1Q358T/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My son is a Thatcher approved professional car fitter and warned me off WiFi cameras as being too troublesome such that he refuses to fit them so I took his advice.

The only problem I encountered, which being a retired electronics engineer wasn't a problem at all for me, was that the cable on the mirror with the phono connectors was quite short meaning that they were going to be too bulky to tuck up under the roof lining, I cut and extended the cable so that the connectors were behind the A post trim.

The display is not the brightest in the world, particularly in the bright Spanish sun, but combined with the ultrasonic sensors it serves it's purpose perfectly adequately.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Notwithstanding unpronounceable medical ailments (!) I fitted my own reversing sensors and camera using a relatively cheap kit from Amazon.

Being a base peasant model I had no dash screen to utilise. Pardon the Spanish site and no pun intended, you get the picture!

https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B07C1Q358T/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My son is a Thatcher approved professional car fitter and warned me off WiFi cameras as being too troublesome such that he refuses to fit them so I took his advice.

The only problem I encountered, which being a retired electronics engineer wasn't a problem at all for me, was that the cable on the mirror with the phono connectors was quite short meaning that they were going to be too bulky to tuck up under the roof lining, I cut and extended the cable so that the connectors were behind the A post trim.

The display is not the brightest in the world, particularly in the bright Spanish sun, but combined with the ultrasonic sensors it serves it's purpose perfectly adequately.
Thanks for that Kin, my auto leccy chap said pretty much the same as your son re wireless cameras but time will tell.

Not done much driving lately (my son currently has Yeti) because the second cycle of chemo also tried to kill me.

I take my hat off to all A & E staff for doing the job they do, I could never had done that for living.

L.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Very strong naughty words filter going on here. In my response to Flintstone I thought the four letter word I used was quite innocuous it being merely a reference to the that fiery underworld where the devil resides. It was automatically changed to **** which conjures up a multitude of sins.

L.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Probably American based forum software which doesn't accept that in the Queens English bitch is the correct name for a female dog but fanny is a rude word!

Let's see how that lot comes out!

Reminds me of a time when AOL was the leader in the email world but you couldn't sign up if you lived in Scunthorpe!!!

EDIT: Well that was a **** of a surprise

·
Premium Member
2017 Outdoor SEL TDi150 4x4 Manual
8,128 Posts
It doesn’t like Clark Gable’s famous line: ”Frankly my dear, I don’t give a ****.”
Yet “Bugger me!” is perfectly acceptable?
Strange sense of morals in the “Land of the free”?

Reactions: Robjon

·
Registered
104 Posts
I read a second hand paperback once which had multiple instances of the 'f' word and 'mother**', the word 'bitch' was also used in profusion but that that some previous reader had very carefully and neatly redacted.

What was going on in that particular mind I could only imagine?

They walk amongst us!

Reactions: Flintstone
1 - 17 of 17 Posts