Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought it might be better to continue this thread here.

Anyway, I've been looking around at roof bars, the option is still there to make a set when I get time, I've decided I'm not keen on the Skoda ones if all the load goes through the 8 screws - its the captive nuts in the rails I'm not too happy about. The other forum has some interesting threads and I've checked out the Thule and Wispbar but reckon they are also too dear for what they are. I've discounted the cheepies on fleabay but come up with these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321244932787?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649has anyone had any experience with them?

·
Administrator
14,885 Posts
If I was sent an email with the same standard of grammar and spelling I would treat it with suspicion, if they are that sloppy with the add, how careful are they with the product?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, its a bit grim and their feedback isn't great.

Saw your post in the other thread (didn't seem right posting this lot in the for sale section) and had a look. Might have a punt on a 775 foot set as I have a set of Thule bars for the Defender, the actual cross bars look like they might fit.

·
Premium Member
1,627 Posts
The screws on the roof rails are only there to locate the Skoda roof bars. The Skoda bars clamp on to the rails and are locked in position. As mentioned on "the other site" the Skoda bars do not stick out over the rails, and look nice and original when fitted, with Yeti logos on the locking covers. The also can be picked uo on ebay quite cheaply.

·
Registered
788 Posts
I ordered a Thule bike rack to go with my new Skoda roof bars and they don't appear to fit!
The clamping
mechanism isn't large enough to go around the Skoda bars. The instructions that came with the rack aren't very clear so I'll have another go tonight but I'm disappointed to say the least - not with the quality but with the compatibility...

·
Registered
26 Posts
My Thule bike racks have 2 types of fittings - 1 that clamps around the roof bars and another that fixes to bolts that you slide into the track (I don't have roof bars for my Yeti, but presumed they would have the track on top)

·
Administrator
5,157 Posts
If your Polish is good you can get more information on the Aguri roof bars Epicyclic found on Ebay, otherwise you can get to see the fitting of the bars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eu7SPHTZRY

Chromemaster look to be acting as a UK distributer

·
Registered
368 Posts
Kenny R said:
The screws on the roof rails are only there to locate the Skoda roof bars. The Skoda bars clamp on to the rails and are locked in position. .

I agree. I have the Skoda roof bars fitted to my Yeti (Got them supplied and fitted as part of the deal at Rainworths) and am very happy with them.

I personally think they look great and have no reservations about there sturdiness or fitness for purpose. The Yeti logo's just add a little bit extra to the overall look.

·
Registered
394 Posts
The Hood said:
It might be worth trying the link below, collect only items tend toattract less bids. If you are prepared to wait a while you would be surprisedwhat comes along.

http://www.localbargainfinder.com/
Have been keeping an eye fleabay via that link, forgot about the end date and just missed an 18" Stilson for £1.70 the other day

Kenny R said:
The screws on the roof rails are only there to locate the Skoda roof bars. The Skoda bars clamp on to the rails and are locked in position. As mentioned on "the other site" the Skoda bars do not stick out over the rails, and look nice and original when fitted, with Yeti logos on the locking covers. The also can be picked uo on ebay quite cheaply.

Rolymo said:
I agree. I have the Skoda roof bars fitted to my Yeti (Got them supplied and fitted as part of the deal at Rainworths) and am very happy with them.

I personally think they look great and have no reservations about there sturdiness or fitness for purpose. The Yeti logo's just add a little bit extra to the overall look.
Ok, thanks both. Only going on the photo's that were linked to on the other forum, be good to see some in the flesh...

SnowGood said:
If your Polish is good you can get more information on the Aguri roof bars Epicyclic found on Ebay, otherwise you can get to see the fitting of the bars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eu7SPHTZRY

Chromemaster look to be acting as a UK distributer.
Nice link, Snow Good, doesn't look a bad bit of kit. Tidy when fitted too.

Anyway, thanks all for the replies - hope FX reads this forum

·
Registered
788 Posts
It appears that my disappointment with the compatibility with Thule products was misguided. A helpful chap over 'the other side' pointed out the rubber strip that you can pull out to allow you to slide in the t-bar fittings so I think we're good again

·
Premium Member
1,044 Posts
Now I find out, I've just come back from working in Wroclaw Poland less than 2 weeks ago.I could have picked up a set.

Oh well, I'm going to Poland again in a couple of weeks, will have to keep an eye out for these.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts