Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend reasonably priced roof bars for a Yeti that they have experience of using? The prices on Amazon vary between £25 and £150 ( for Skoda's own) My daughter and boy friend are moving flats and I need roof bars that I have confidence in, to help them move their stuff. It is unlikely that I will use them more than twice a year and do not want to spend a a lot of money. I am reluctant to buy on the internet without a recommendation as I have roof bars for a previously owned Skoda Octavia which do not fit the Yeti and therefore any roof bars I buy must have the correct fittings for a Yeti.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Hi Marmaduke, I've had the very same dilemma but after reading reviews about various non-Skoda bars I decided to go for the genuine Skoda ones. The main issues seemed to be the fitment of generic bars. I'm sure the Thule ones are great but as the price is quite similar I decided to opt for the OEM version

I paid just shy of £150 for them from eBay. They are a great item and fit really well and easily. They come with 8 'lugs' that screw into the roof bars. You then just 'hook' the roof rack bars over these lugs and lock them down. Locking end-caps are provided so that they can't be removed and stolen.

There are a couple of other recent threads on this topic:

http://www.yetiownersclub.co.uk/forum/roof-bars-genuine-or-copy_topic986.html

http://www.yetiownersclub.co.uk/forum/alloy-roof-bars_topic458.html<!--if gte mso 9>

Edited by: discosteve

·
Registered
394 Posts
Any one have a detailed picture of the mounting system of the Skoda bars please - I wouldn't mind a set for occasional use and may well make some.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Really, make some? I'll take some pics tonight if I remember...

In the meantime, take a look here at some 'other' Skoda site I found!

Edited by: discosteve

·
Registered
394 Posts
discosteve said:
Really, make some? I'll take some pics tonight if I remember...

In the meantime, take a look here at some 'other' Skoda site I found!
We have the technology

Thanks Steve, the photos would be very helpful - there is no point in re-inventing the wheel!

I'll have a look at that other site at lunch time, ta. Strangely enough the surf control system at work likes this forum but not the other one

·
Administrator
14,832 Posts
I got someThule barsand775 feet from eBay, then a Halfords roof box, again from eBay. There was a lot of change from £100 and if it rains I can use the roof and things stay dry

1 - 6 of 6 Posts