Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1.2 Yeti and have just lost the rear roof rail cover. This is the second time this has happened. Has anyone else had the same problem?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Mine came off cleaning the car the second time. Was worried they might come off in normal driving but they seem ok now. Just washed the car this morning without a problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Both of mine came off while driving. Good thing is that the replacements are easy to fit. Still a great car though.

·
Administrator
4,960 Posts
There has been a number of reports of this problem on another Skoda forum. They just clip on.In some cases the dealer has replaced without cost, IIRC. Worth checking they are firmly in place each time you washthe Yeti. One owner has even gone as far as putting cable ties around to ensure thay don't fall off.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. I got mine replaced via my dealer. The cable ties are a good idea, i am thinking of a small dab of adhesive, a bit drastic but i can't think why I would want to remove them at any time?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had a look at my friend's this morning and his seem a much better fit. His Yeti is about 18 months old. I don't know if this makes a difference.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
mfdaustrey said:
I had a look at my friend's this morning and his seem a much better fit. His Yeti is about 18 months old. I don't know if this makes a difference.

Its not to do with any production run or year there has been a few others that have gone missing, they have been replaced underwarranty.

There has also been a lot that not beenclipped on properly from the factory (noticed after the report of one falling off) , most have given them a good thump and they clipped on and fitted a lot better.

But after 2 I would get the dealer to sort the problem, maybethe base part of the rail corner is atfault, a badmolding as they are massproducedit ispossible.

·
Registered
267 Posts
One of my covers came off during high winds a couple of weeks ago. I was stationary and heard a clattering noise but thought nothing of it. No obvious body damage after a quick look in the garage at home but next morning noticed the cover was missing. Went down to the dealer in Bradford who had to check with Skoda and a new one was fitted yesterday along with the rear badge which was showing signs of whiteworm. I think the badge was no problem to claim under warranty but they had to check the loss of the cover was a warranty issue. Does sound like an issue when they were fitted at the factory.
Keith

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Apparently they are glueing them on now, Skoda's idea. was yours glued or just clipped on.

·
Registered
267 Posts
No idea. The old one was obviously just clipped in as I have a vague recollection of seeing it looking as if it was loose on a couple of occasions when I was washing it. Just giving it a quick thump and it looked OK but I think the recent high winds up here caused it to remove itself. I'll be keeping an eye on it now.
Keith

·
Registered
267 Posts
Take it up with your dealer as it appears they are covered by the warranty. Almost certainly a manufacturing issue.

Keith

1 - 12 of 12 Posts