Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took delivery of my Skoda Yeti 2.0 DPF SE 4x4 late last month and I am delighted with it living as I do on a working farm up a one mile un-made farm track in the Northern Pennines. I switched from a Honda CR-V and am adjusting to the slightly smaller boot space. However I miss the lipped rubber boot mat I had on the Honda and my local Skoda dealer says there is not a similar rubber mat available for the Yeti?

I have the spare wheel option which of coruse raises the boot floor level - has anyone got a source for a lipped rubber mat for my boot floor? Mud is ever with us up here and I would like to keep my boot space as clean as possible - all/any leads appreciated.

Manyy thanks,

Wilf Bishop

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts

·
Administrator
13,678 Posts
The website says theyfit cars without a false floor and Wilf has a spare wheel. If they are avialable from dealers it would be best if he went in and tried one for size rather than send off to Superskoda.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have the spare wheel option and just trimmed the genuine (no spare wheel) rubber boot mat. Shame Skoda don't list one specifically for the raised floor.

·
Administrator
13,678 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
I had one of the ebay ones (same as mentioned above) for a previous car. Yes, they are a reasonable perfect fit but are (or at least my one was) very flimsy and made from a very thin plastic, not rubber. The anti slip part shown in the middle of the mat, is similar to the stuff you lay on your dash to stop phone falling off, and doubt if it would stand up to much hard treatment and does not compare to a genuine OEM part. I have just installed a "Hatchbag" linerhttp://www.hatchbag.co.uk/as well as a Skoda rubber mat, and is well worth the money as it covers every exposed trim part as well.

·
Administrator
13,678 Posts
I tried to get a hatchbag for my previous car (Mazda Premacy) when I first got it (10 years ago) and although hatchbag did not make one to fit they said if I took the car to them they would make a pattern, then make one and post it to me. A good way to expand their range,I bet there's not many firms that would do that, unfortunately due to their location I did not take them up on their offer.The hatchbag is OK for when you want to cover everything, for speed of use and economy I use a 22" square plant tray with a 2" lip. Bought years ago in a garden centre for less than a fiver, it has an old rubber car mat stuck underneath so does not slide around and when not in use I can still use it in the greenhouse. They come in several sizes, and there is no velcro or stick on fasteners. Fitted and removed quicker than typing fitted and removed and over £70 cheaper.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have bought a hatchbag for Betty, had a go at fitting it this afternoon, I have noticed that the load cover is such a snug fit that it catches on the side pieces of the hatchbag when closing the tailgate.. Might have to remove the side pieces and only use them when transporting the dog... other than that the hatch bag seem ideal for dog transportation...

·
Registered
786 Posts
Quick question for ET12UFO - you said that you have the spare wheel option - was this an aftermarket purchase? Was it the kit or just the spare wheel? Thanks, Stephen

·
Registered
102 Posts
After market dealer option as no factory options available on the Urban. Fitted myself in 15 mins. It was the complete kit - tools/jack/new raised floor/polystyrene fillers. Cost around £230.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Hello again ET12UFO (and anyone else with the spare wheel option). I am trying to decide whether to get a spare wheel and false floor kit and I'm wondering how much boot height I would loose. Can anyone put up a photo or tell me where it come to relevant to the bottom of the door opening. Thanks guys,

Stephen

·
Administrator
13,678 Posts
If you already have the tyre repair kit you could just get a wheel, tyre and jack. Then you could rely on the repair kit for short journeys and strap the spare in the back when you are on a long journey. That wayyou save money not buying the floor and storage boxes, and storage space when the wheel is not in the car. A wheel storage bag can be gotfor a couple of pounds would prevent the spare making anything dirty. If you do go for the full spare, boxes and floor option you loose around 8" of depth. Loading vertically regains some of the lost room but you need to be carefull if you go above seat height. One way round this is to remove the parcel shelf then rotate it and put the end with the cords down the back of the rear seats.This also has the effect of reducing the amount of space in the back, I find this rather fiddly and just take the parcel shelf out.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Thanks as always for the replies...

I'm interested in hearing from anyone who has ordered the spare wheel kit AFTER getting their Yeti. I have been speaking to a dealer who said that the kit doesn't contain the polystrine spacers to hold the wheel in place - so does it just slide around in the boot?? And what type of false boot floor does it come with (if any?) as he said it doesn't come with the one that has the side flaps as per the images here (post #67). I know that ET12UFO has purchased a kit after delivery so I'd really appreciate your usual level of responses (which is always great
)!!!! Thanks, Stephen

·
Registered
102 Posts
My after market Skoda spare wheel kit comes with everything as per the previous image (new raised floor/carpet/polysterene fillers etc, although you can just order the spare wheel/tyre (no warning triangle though).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts