Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a yeti urban with approx 13,000 miles on clock. Noticed a dull rumble noise from front nearside when going extremely slowly over any slight undulation on road. Above slow speed the rumble is still slightly audible. Can any Yeti gurus suggest possible causes? the car goes into the dealer for investigation next week. ps. if i open the bonnet and bounce the car on its suspension there is no noise, could this possibly be aloose brake caliper? thanks for any help.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
You haven't mentioned if you have had a look to investigate but I may suggest a couple of things..
1) A stick or an object flipped up by the tyre and caught up in the suspension so it hangs down and scrapes over bumps...personal experience with this one.
2) A loose mudflap that is hanging down...again, sadly, personal experience
3) A loose brake caliper...I hope not for your sake.
4) A slow pedestrian...I hope not for their sake.

It would be interesting to hear what the problem is when it is fixed.

Edited by: plbxr

·
Administrator
13,096 Posts
The first thing that I would suspect would be a wheel bearing, they can start making a noise and go on for ages before they fail. I would also be inclined to check that is not a CVJ (constant velocity joint), that is checked by driving round in circles on full look, if the rumble changes,or a knocking starts the CVJ is suspect.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RE knocking noise, diagnosed at dealers as drop link in front suspension needed replaced. Job done under warranty.Car is now rumble free. West End Garage are 1st. class for service,they look after customers. Many thanks for the helpful suggestions.

·
Administrator
13,096 Posts
My previous car (Mazda) got through a couple of drop links. It made either a slight clonk or groan over speed bumps but nothing on a normal road.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts