Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellow Yeti Owners:-

Until today my Skoda installedSat Nav has worked a treat. However, now it appears l need the assistance of any Yeti owners who have the system installed. My query is as follows:-

Try punching in the post code PE12 8RF. This is a proposed destination in Lincoln. It recognises the above post code; however, as you will be aware, the system should then give you a definitive list of roads within the specified post code. However, if yours is workingthe same as mine, you will find only one entry appears; this being 'total nonsense' in relation to the proposed destination!.

I simply wish to know ifmy particular system is at fault, or is the system per se 'not fit for purpose' on this particular occasion?

If indeed someone does get the definitive list of roads within the post code, please could they spell out the procedure they have used.

Thanks in anticipation.

Graham

·
Registered
788 Posts
Hi Graham,

Now I should say that I don't have a Yeti (yet!) but according to the Royal Mail address finder, the only street with that postcode is:

2-78 Jekils Bank
Holbeach St. Johns
Holbeach
SPALDING
PE12 8RF

Is this not what you are expecting to see?

stephen

·
Administrator
14,219 Posts
I thought 1,500 was too much for satnav compared to TomTom but Google earth gives the same result. LN is the postcode for Lincoln, PE is for Peterborough.

·
Administrator
14,219 Posts
Don't have satnav in my car but copied and pasted below from another Forum.

Just been into the dealers to get "new" Columbus unit fitted - map version is now 7690 which I believe is version 8, firmware 3984 hardware H61.
Didnt realise v8 maps were available from Skoda yet !

·
Registered
290 Posts
Royski101 said:
Does anybody know the latest version number of the maps for the RNS 310 as I have got V3
I run GB V4 in my RNS 310

·
Registered
290 Posts
Royski101 said:
Where do I get a copy of V 4 any ideas
I notice you live in the same neck of the woods as me, PM me for details about map CD

·
Registered
37 Posts
Oh the joy of owning a Sat-Nav. Ever since a Dutch Flower Lorry plus Trailer got jammed around our 9' wide corner, I have avoided these electronic disasters! I plan first with AutoRoute and Google Maps.Incidentally I have found the postcode accuracy of Google Maps to be a bit "iffy". I put the Lat and Long of my house in - Perfect. The post code was 2 miles off and the given Address was in a village 20 miles away.

·
Administrator
14,219 Posts
I use a Tomtom, it gets me from Berkshire to within 5 yards of my Brother-in-law's house in Aachen without any problems.
But when we come home it always tries to take me to where lorries check in for Euro Tunnel. Coming home I use long/lat and it no longer gets "lost"

·
Registered
77 Posts
Satnavs are brilliant but you do still have to use your brain as well. I drove from Newcastle to Liverpool yesterday and I used a map to work out the route for all but the last 2-3 miles. At that point the satnav was invaluable as it comes down to individual roads and road names rather than road numbers.

They do have quirks and sometimes you have to try different methods of entering the information to get the correct address. Strange but true.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts