Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2015 registered yeti 2.0ltr diesel and when my dealer down loaded latest map up dates on 16 .2 21 I lose all village names and 70 mph speed limits on for example A1m.
This problem stared in 2019 when trying to update.The only version of up dates that works is the 2018 version which I am currently running.
Problem is the subject of ongoing case with Skoda Escalation team since 2019 .So far they havnt offered a solution.
I have the twin sd slot with infotainment and Dab head unit which I think is an Admunsen 11 unit
Help,,

·
Premium Member
5,508 Posts
If you have the maps on an SD card it doesn't need a dealer to up-date them, you can do it yourself at home. I think there are instructions in the Yetipedia.
There was a known problem with one of the up-dates last year and I understood that had now been solved.
Urrell seems to be the expert in the "maps" so hopefully he will be along.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you have the maps on an SD card it doesn't need a dealer to up-date them, you can do it yourself at home. I think there are instructions in the Yetipedia.
There was a known problem with one of the up-dates last year and I understood that had now been solved.
Urrell seems to be the expert in the "maps" so hopefully he will be along.
Yes I know that I could do it and had tried in 2019 ,didn’t workHence involving dealership.As said earlier they had the same problem.Best they could do was up date as far as 2018 ,after that no other update worked ie village names missing,some speed limits .
Hence that’s what I’ve and still are using at least all village names are there.

·
Administrator
5,258 Posts
Welcome to the forum Lurcher boy.

If you can update the maps through the portal it is an Amundsen II but not sure why you should be having problems as others on here have quite successfully downloaded the maps and updated without any of the problems you mention. As suggested there was a problem with one set of maps where I think the maps contained speed limits for normal and towing car which caused quite a bit of confusion but that was eventually resolved and isn't an issue with the current maps CW25 2020. Since 2018 the only thing I can think of is that the size of the maps has grown and Skoda altered the offering as the 16GB card wouldn't guarantee to fit all Western Europe so there are now regional maps. Which region map did your dealer try?

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
What map is it showing?
Press "Setup" on screen then "Version Information"
This is mine from last year.

Attachments

Reactions: Angela A

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes I know that I could do it and had tried in 2019 ,didn’t workHence involving dealership.As said earlier they had the same problem.Best they could do was up date as far as 2018 ,after that no other update worked ie village names missing,some speed limits .
Hence that’s what I’ve and still are using at least all village names are there.
E
Welcome to the forum Lurcher boy.

If you can update the maps through the portal it is an Amundsen II but not sure why you should be having problems as others on here have quite successfully downloaded the maps and updated without any of the problems you mention. As suggested there was a problem with one set of maps where I think the maps contained speed limits for normal and towing car which caused quite a bit of confusion but that was eventually resolved and isn't an issue with the current maps CW25 2020. Since 2018 the only thing I can think of is that the size of the maps has grown and Skoda altered the offering as the 16GB card wouldn't guarantee to fit all Western Europe so there are now regional maps. Which region map did your dealer try?
I was phoned by Skoda Escalation to advise the factory had said the latest up date was now available via the portal and they requested the dealer ship down load it for me as they have been involved in all this 2019(May) .
The version they down loade is for Uk,Portugal,Spain etc so only a fairly small down load,it’s version 5L0051236BN,1410,ECE12020/21.
I asked Skoda to supply me with a preloaded sd card that was proven to work but at present they are not available as the up date is so new.
They are due to phone me tomorrow in furtherance to solving the issue,don’t hold out much hope though.

·
Premium Member
5,508 Posts
The version they down loade is for Uk,Portugal,Spain etc so only a fairly small down load,it’s version 5L0051236BN,1410,ECE12020/21.
To me that suggests you've got the latest version.
I'm wondering whether the dealership have done something wrong when doing the up-date.

And note that each SD card is coded to a unit, so I'm not sure that sending you one would work in your unit.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What map is it showing?
Press "Setup" on screen then "Version Information"
This is mine from last year.

View attachment 5283
Version 5L0051236BN,1410,EC12020/21
To me that suggests you've got the latest version.
I'm wondering whether the dealership have done something wrong when doing the up-date.

And note that each SD card is coded to a unit, so I'm not sure that sending you one would work in your unit.
yes it’s got to be something like this,I’ll point this out to Skoda Tom Moro’s when they phone me.
In mean time are you saying basically that if I purchased a Skoda unwritten new cars it would have to be coded to my unit.How is that done please.

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
In mean time are you saying basically that if I purchased a Skoda unwritten new cars it would have to be coded to my unit.How is that done please.
I don't understand that bit, but looks like you have the latest map update June 2020, that means the 6 monthly update is running late.

Reactions: Llanigraham

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Version 5L0051236BN,1410,EC12020/21

yes it’s got to be something like this,I’ll point this out to Skoda Tom Moro’s when they phone me.
Unwritten new card should have read....it’s getting late😊

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Strange part is that although villages are not shown If I do a new destination search say for example my old address in Wales it recognises it and offers up the three possible routes.
So the card is being read but not showing the village?..

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
I was under the impression that the correct genuine Skoda Map card was all that was needed.

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
If I do a new destination search say for example my old address in Wales it recognises it and offers up the three possible routes.
Is that because you have backed off too far to show it, try getting closer to the village by either turning the right hand knob clockwise or using 2 fingers on screen to adjust the distance covered closer.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes me to and a correct Skoda card is that that’s been supplied and used but still no joy
No still doesn’t work I’ve tried all the scales .
At 1 mile ,at .7 of a mile at 750 yards.
The old card with the 2018 version works at these scales and shows villages.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No still doesn’t work I’ve tried all the scales .
At 1 mile ,at .7 of a mile at 750 yards.
The old card with the 2018 version works at these scales and shows villages.
Further news on the matter from conversation pm today with dealership
There take is they have done all they can do and me putting it politely have washed there hands of the problem saying it’s a Skoda techinical problem and I wii have to sort it out with them.
Well I’ve followed the protocol and after several months I escalated it to them and the team member has got no where this is despite me in frustration e mailing the Skoda CEO.
His reply was that he was very sorry etc,etc and he would get the matter prioritised.
I had in fact e mailed him twice
The portal clearly states if you have probs down loading updates contact your dealer which is what I’ve done.
Now written to him sending the letter byrecorded delivery. See what response I get
There were hints today that as Skoda don’t supply or manufacture the maps They aren’t responsible and it’s not really a dealership problem Won’t be buying another Skoda that’s for sure.

·
Premium Member
5,508 Posts
Skoda don't supply the maps, especially considering that the same units are fitted across the whole VAG range. Like lots of bits fitted to cars they are "bought in".

I'm beginning to wonder whether the problem might be the way you are using the sat nav. I note that you have never stated where you are in the UK or who the dealer might be. Perhaps if you stated that there might be another member nearby who could look at things and perhaps help you.

And I've looked at the other Skoda forum and at one VW forum and can find no-one else reporting a similar problem.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Skoda don't supply the maps, especially considering that the same units are fitted across the whole VAG range. Like lots of bits fitted to cars they are "bought in".

I'm beginning to wonder whether the problem might be the way you are using the sat nav. I note that you have never stated where you are in the UK or who the dealer might be. Perhaps if you stated that there might be another member nearby who could look at things and perhaps help you.

And I've looked at the other Skoda forum and at one VW forum and can find no-one else reporting a similar problem.
The dealership is Marshall’s Skoda in Letchworth Herts and I live in Clifton Beds.
Regarding how I’m using it well I had no problems with the sat nav until taking it to the dealership after realising the map data was out of date the problem stared there and as said earlier there resolve was to update to the 2018 version beyond that all other updates lost the villages.So I have to date using an out of date mapsl
I have owned many cars with built in sat navs Vw,Volvo Audi’s,Toyotas so am quite experienced in knowing how to operate them and knowing there shortcomings so that’s not a valid suggestion that it’s down to the way I operate it.If that was the case why did this problem not manifest itself prior to attempts to update

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi Llanigraham if you read an earlier post on here today the unit is working if I select an address either post code or full address and it recognises this and offers up suggested routes .so some how the info is there but no village places displayed on the screen just the roads and main towns

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi Llanigraham if you read an earlier post on here today the unit is working if I select an address either post code or full address and it recognises this and offers up suggested routes .so some how the info is there but no village places displayed on the screen just the roads and main towns
Hi again Llanigraham forgot to say on tthree update occasions the After Sales manager took the car for a road test and came back looking dissapointed as the villages had vanished ?..

1 - 20 of 44 Posts