Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all you technocrates, I have been able to copy music files to my SD card, butis it possible to set up seperate folders to download files into; folders for various music genres or artists?If you have been able to do this pleaseexplain tome and I suggest others,how you have done it to play on the Bolero.

Cheers,

Banjobach

·
Registered
266 Posts
I have all my MP3 files on the PC in folders for each artist, with sub folders for each album. I just copied the folders and sub foldersto the SD card, went in and deleted any tracks I didn't want, put it in the Bolero and it looks for the first folder, then the first sub folder and plays all the tracks in there then moves onto the next subfolder moving to the next artist folder when all the albums in the first folder have been played.

To select specific folders and sub folders select "Selection" which should show the contents of thecurrent sub folder being played then to go up one level select the symbol on the top left of the screen. In my case this would show all the albums by the artist. Selecting the symbol again shows the artists.

Hope that helps.

Keith

·
Registered
90 Posts
hi Keith. i have the same on my PC but the difference being my folder is named Yeti music. and the sub folders are like yeti rock yeti opera and so on with having 1000s of file it helps

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have created files male artist female artist groups then drop new albums into each file. I also have an Audi A5 and I have to save you can just load tracks to an sd card in random and just like an ipod it sorts them which is much easier.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Just seen your post whilst browsing Banjobach, did you get to the bottom of your problem? I have just been prep'ing some music and figuring how to best get some suitable CDs and MP3s on to an SD card so may have some answers in due course.

It sounds like your problem is about the PC end rather than the Yeti end of task? If so just remember the SD card is just like your hardisc drive in that you can open it by clicking on the icon in your file browser and make and name folders, then once you have located the musics files drag them in the folders (en masse). Perhaps a thousand may need some level of automation.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hi Ferdie. no I have no problem with the SD card infact I have two 16 gig one in and one on PC updating when my mood changes.
What I am looking at is the "jack plug socket" and what I can put through it. AdobedonEdited by: adobedon

·
Registered
266 Posts
The answer is almost anything, from a simple MP3 player to an old cassette walkman. All you need is a suitable cable to plug into the unit with a 3.5mm stereo jack at the other end to plug into the Yeti jack socket.

You may have to go into the radio set up menu to adjust the sensitivity if it's too quiet or distorted.

You won't be able to control the unit from the radio though which you can with an SD card or the MDI.

If you have the MDI fitted and it has an Ipod connected to it the aux input is not available as the Ipod will be using it via the MDI.

Keith

·
Registered
213 Posts
Have to agree with Keith the sd source is very good way to have your music once you have mastered navigating the directories. Really like the touch screen compared to othe Knob types of interface. Well worth the effort of transferring your music to SD I think. 16Gb must about 3000 tracks?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts