Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
It's [another] SatNav update thread- sorry!

My 2013 Yeti is still on Version 4 [EUR_W_V4] of the navigation data, and long overdue an update.
I'd like to take the DIY route rather than paying Skoda £££'s for the privilege.
So, three questions, if I may?

The part number for the SatNav shown via the 'hidden' menu is 3T0035192N.
It has a CD drive horizontally above the unit, and an SD card slot to LHS of the display
I believe this is the Amundsen +
Am I right?

Looking through the forum it seems that some versions of the SatNav data are unstable.
V12 looks like the latest version- does anyone have good/bad things to say about it?

And finally- any leads on reliable online sellers for an SD card with the data pre-loaded.
I’ve had a look at some on EBay that look a bit...shady.. so if anyone has recommendations that would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance!

·
Administrator
5,036 Posts
Physically there is not much else to distinguish an Amundsen from an Amundsen+ though it should say Amundsen+ on the front.

For reasons known only to Skoda they never offered free updates for those units only for the later Amundsen II. The part number you gave is an RN315 I believe so look for map updates that are suitable for that unit across the VAG range.
Hopefully some one who has bought on Ebay or similar will give you a recommendation of a reliable site.

Reactions: Nms

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info, and handy identification link SnowGood.

Mine has no writing above the CD drive, but it's definitely not the Amundesn II [picture attached- the SD card currently in the drive holds music files]

Do the Amundsen and Amundsen + need different SD cards to upgrade route data?

·
Administrator
5,036 Posts
It is my understanding that the Amundsen (without the +) is an RN310 and looking at the sites that offer the Sat Nav update cards there are separate options for the RN310 and RN315.
Example shown here

·
Premium Member
5,878 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
I've got version 9 installed on my RNS315 although there is no writing on the front of the unit. The update SD card was purchased from an online store £25. works ok.

Reactions: Nms and Flintstone
1 - 7 of 7 Posts