Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have read my owner's manual from front to back and back again, but find no reference to the SD card what-so-ever. First of all, what size SD card is required - micro, mini or standard? Once installed, how is it accessed for the playing of recored music? All help greatfully received.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I set up a 16Gb card formatted to FAT32, put artist folders with album sub folders, in mp3.Got the car Friday and it worked 1st time.
Not got navigating to different albums yet, too many other things to try.
One of the media selections was 'greyed out', not sure if it was the SD or AUX and this had to be selected from the menu.

·
Registered
90 Posts
If u go to bottom right on screen and tap selection. Then top left and tap the file icon (u should be in media buy the way) then the list of whats on your chip should appear, the grey bits on any display is either the file is not right format or as in the aux top of display needs an mp3 divice plugging in under the arm rest with a mini jack. Hope this helps.Edited by: adobedon

·
Premium Member
4,729 Posts
adobedon said:
If u go to bottom right on screen and tap selection. Then top left and tap the file icon (u should be in media buy the way) then the list of whats on your chip should appear, the grey bits on any display is either the file is not right format or as in the aux top of display needs an mp3 divice plugging in under the arm rest with a mini jack. Hope this helps.
Playing the SD card has nothing to do with the Aux socket in the cubby box.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Guys, thanks for the input! I have located amanual for the Bolero, whichstates that a standard SDHC card formatted to FAT32is required. I will buy a class 4 card, which should be quite adequate for MP3music storage.Once I have it up and running, I will check out the suggested grey areas and try to figure out what the issue is; if any!

mfdaustrey, from what I've read you have got your card formatted correctly - Fat32, soan incorrect format to say FAT16 is not causing the greyed out area issue. Do report on your findings, when you have time to check out this issue.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello, New to the forum. I have the same problem myself. Its a head wrecker. I have tried everything and still the SD choice remains grey. Everything else is ok including the AUX. It does say in the manual that the Bolero will ignore the SD card if it is formatted incorrectly, but as far as I can make outthe card should beall good. Hope you have more luck with it than I have had.

·
Registered
17 Posts
FAT32 send to work fine. My problem more is that I appear to only have 1 sub-folder in each folder. I'll look on more detail tomorrow but it only seems to see about 4Gb of the 16Gb on the card.

·
Premium Member
4,729 Posts
I bought an 8GB Scandisk card, put 300 tracks from several albums onto it by "cutting and pasting" from the "My Music" folder on the 'puter, stuck it in the car and it worked perfectly straight away!!

No formatting or anything!! it seems to read all the tracks 1, then all the tracks 2, ad infinitum

Fat this and fat that?? Haven't got a clue what you are talking about.

I wonder whether some people are actually making it more complicated than it really is?

·
Premium Member
4,729 Posts
I can play music from my Nokia N8 using the Aux socket.

·
Registered
90 Posts
just a note to think about, sd and sd micro cards are good for all your music choise and audio books, but if you have more than one sd micro card make sure you use the correct carrier for the correct micro chip, I have my files all starting with Yeti E G Yeti Rock Yeti Opera Etc Etc with a file on my PC entitled Yeti music and every so often i update my music and then redo the chip

·
Premium Member
4,729 Posts
I had to read that three times to get the gist of it, I think.
Do you mean you are using the minature SD cards that need a carrier to put them in the slot?
Do you mean that each minature cards has to be used with it's own carrier, and not a generic one?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have used a standard size SD card, then you don't have to bother with carriers. It is a 32GB Sandisk Ultra 2 so there is a huge amount of space, even for high quality files. I use an iMac and iTunes. Just export your library or playlists as required. File>Library>then export library or playlist. Easy

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hi Manrope, I use a spare16 gig from my phone and theres more room than I need so a 32 gig would take a life time just to fill up with stuff let alone listen to ha ha, some one said on the forum about using their sat nav card have you tried it and also hooking up your mobile phone to the aux jack in the arm rest box (the arm rest sliges forward and its on a ratchet to adjust the hight too) as i have not been so lucky

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Adobedon,

I know the card is has a large capacity, it's the largest that the Amundsen + can handle. It meant that I could just dump all my music (inc. artwork) straight onto the card without bothering to reduce any file sizes. Most are on my iMac at 256kbps. Obviously if I copied them over at iPod size it would just about make 50%. (over 3200 songs, 9.1 days !! and 26GB. Good job the seats are comfortable.) I still have a bit of space left over and can always redo the transfer if I run out of space. It also acts as a backup for my iTunes library.

It appears that the Amundsen+ has the satnav info stored within, not on a card, and the centre arm rest only slides back & forwards. No aux socket on the armrest only a 3.5mm jack on the face of the radio/satnav.

My mobile is a museum piece (Nokia 6310i) no music allowed and the only card is its SIM! It does have bluetooth though which pairs up very nicely and is controllable from the steering wheel. I haven't tried the voice control yet, probably won't do that anyway as I hardly ever phone out.

Cheers and Merry Christmas

·
Registered
7 Posts
Whoops,

I've just realised that I did not copy my music over using Export from iTunes. I copied & pasted from the iTunes music file buried on the hard drive. Sorry for any confusion caused.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm using 32GB SDHC Sandisc Ultra cards. I've got about 270 cds on the first & about 150 so far on the second & I just put each album in a seperate file headed with the artist name then album name & it all comes up on the screen, including track id. I did check under the properties that they were formatted to FAT32 first. (I'm personally formatted as a FAT 46 now!!
)

Manrope, as I see your car is an SE+, you should have the jumbo box in the centre between the front seats & the lid should lift up from the front & the aux socket (3.5mm jack) is under a small flip up cover towards the back on the driver's side of the "L" shaped surround to the side of the main storage bin area within the jumbo box. This might have been deleted if you have a 3.5mm jack on the front of the Amundsen though. Mine's on the standard Bolero head unit.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Your penultimate sentence is correct! I have the Amundsen+ with a 3.5mm jack and nothing in the jumbo box/armrest.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hi. the reason im using micro sd cards is that i ordered one 16gig for my phone and waited and waited so i got in touch with the seller and i got one delivered every day for a week. so i used them in all my music and photos instead of a stick on the laptop and pc.
adobedon

1 - 20 of 34 Posts