Yeti Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have used a standard size SD card, then you don't have to bother with carriers. It is a 32GB Sandisk Ultra 2 so there is a huge amount of space, even for high quality files. I use an iMac and iTunes. Just export your library or playlists as required. File>Library>then export library or playlist. Easy

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Adobedon,

I know the card is has a large capacity, it's the largest that the Amundsen + can handle. It meant that I could just dump all my music (inc. artwork) straight onto the card without bothering to reduce any file sizes. Most are on my iMac at 256kbps. Obviously if I copied them over at iPod size it would just about make 50%. (over 3200 songs, 9.1 days !! and 26GB. Good job the seats are comfortable.) I still have a bit of space left over and can always redo the transfer if I run out of space. It also acts as a backup for my iTunes library.

It appears that the Amundsen+ has the satnav info stored within, not on a card, and the centre arm rest only slides back & forwards. No aux socket on the armrest only a 3.5mm jack on the face of the radio/satnav.

My mobile is a museum piece (Nokia 6310i) no music allowed and the only card is its SIM! It does have bluetooth though which pairs up very nicely and is controllable from the steering wheel. I haven't tried the voice control yet, probably won't do that anyway as I hardly ever phone out.

Cheers and Merry Christmas

·
Registered
8 Posts
Whoops,

I've just realised that I did not copy my music over using Export from iTunes. I copied & pasted from the iTunes music file buried on the hard drive. Sorry for any confusion caused.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Your penultimate sentence is correct! I have the Amundsen+ with a 3.5mm jack and nothing in the jumbo box/armrest.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.