Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We recently spent a few days at Seal Rocks on the eastern coast of NSW. A popular holiday spot. It was the first big trip for the Sketi and a chance to stretch its legs and see how it can handle different road surfaces. From dual carriageway to tight hairpin bends to pot-holed unsealed tracks it handled everything well. There were only two announces encountered with a grinding noise caused by some grit getting stuck between a brake pad and a disk, and an issue with auto unlocking.
Total fuel consumption for the entire journey averaged out at 7.2L/100km. Maximum recorded trip consumption was 7.9L/100km and the minimum was 6.5L/100km.

Edited by: plbxr

·
Registered
149 Posts
You luckily ********.Have done the same trip twice before
..Absolutely the best coast line in Australia.

Great photos

Pug

·
Registered
260 Posts
Absolutely fantastic photos, and a great place to visit.
We have experienced the gravel jammed in the wheel, it sounds like the wheel is going to fall off doesn't it?!
Thanks for sharing.
Rob.Edited by: hazmat5765

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry guys, but it should read "There were only two annoyances encountered..." not "There were only two announces encountered".
It's been a long and tiring day as we only got home a few hours ago. Thanks for the comments, it was a good trip.
I'm off to bed.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Some excellent photos, how lucky are we to enjoy such great country. I am interested in where your Satnav is mounted, have you removed the lid off the storage box on the top of the dashboard ?

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Oz spec TSI doesn't come with a lid on the dash storage box. I think it's the only model that doesn't come with a lid....or the sunglasses holder.

It's just an open well. A lid would have made mounting the unit much easier as it would have given me a flat surface to put it on. The "ribs" on the bottom of the storage box prevented the adhesive mounts on the plastic base disk having full surface contact so I peeled of the adhesive pad and used some silicone sealant instead. You may see a bit of it sticking out in one of the photos.
Naturally a window mount would have been the easiest option but they are expensive compared to a dab of silicone sealant, and, that sucker is stuck there for life!!! Plus, there is the advantage that when I remove the unit from the base and tuck the dashmat back over the tray there is no sign (ie no obvious window marks) for car thieves that there may be an expensive satnav somewhere in the car...although we always take it with us when we park the car.
The dashmats all come with a pre cut flap for the storage box. I think that a dashmat should come with the vehicle and be a standard fitment in Australia.

Edited by: plbxr

·
Administrator
14,839 Posts
The lid of the box is not quite flat, but I mount my TomTom on a disc stuck onto the lid of the box with varying layers of double sided foam tape to level it off. I also use a goose neck holder as it gives a better range of adjustment.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thanks for both of your comments, including about the Satnav mountings. I did not realise that the Oz 77TSI spec was without the lid on the dash top box, which may be a plus when mounting a Satnav, as I found that mine just falls off the top of the lid and other than the glass the options are limited.
Where did you purchase the dash mat from?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts